Human Engineering- Give it a try!

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
McFred

Re: Human Engineering- Give it a try!

Post by McFred » Fri May 27, 2011 6:31 pm

If that's true, I appologise.  I do realise that not everyone have the same tastes and I'm fine with that.

Mea culpa.

wattie

Post by wattie » Fri May 27, 2011 8:55 pm

[quote="McFred"]
I'm healthy, comfortable and eating right's a lot easier than spending 3 hours a day in a gym lying in a puddle of other people's sweat.  I used to swim 5km a day and lift weights, held a couple local records that stood for a decade then I realized where I'm going to end up so I don't see the point anymore.  If it's an endorphine/high thing there's a pharmacological solution to that that requires less work.
As for this, I think that's about as attractive as a morbidly obese Southern Belle from Alabama.  To each their own though, keeps life interesting.  :tu:
[/quote]
Hey McFred, thanks for your feedback.
Kel and I thoroughly enjoy keeping fit and you are correct- as you get older it does get harder....we choose to keep active as no matter where we end up we enjoy the gym; the social contact with others and personal challenges it brings.
Gyms nowadays are maintained to a very high standard and are not what you may have experienced.
I've got this ridiculous little saying that I keep repeating to myself that keeps me motivated physically- it's an oxymoron......."When I die, i wanna be fit as a fiddle". It keeps me going!
Kel and I pushed the boundaries to achieve the looks required for professional competition as personal challenges and goals to keep life interesting.  We do not like the bodybuilder look for both male/females and in particular, Kel's loss of weight and muscularity required to compete was not feminine and certainly not her best look. However, she did so to push her boundaries and achieved the competition look in a purely natural way. Bizarrely (and sadly) some of the women she competed against were rumoured to take more steroids than the men- can you imagine  ???  and what does it say about the sport???
Having achieved her goal and a fantastic 3rd place she's now off the diet (still training) and back to normal. In fact, she's just appeared in a 3 page spread in June's "Man Magazine". This is her normal look. Feminine, classy, sophisticated, sexy and most of all healthy!
It's never too late to start a healthier regime - for whatever motivation. My objective of the topic was to try to promote the amazing capabiility of the Human body to react to positive nutrition, excercise and to show that whatever your state of fitness, you can make changes. Get yourself back in the pool and don't regard it as a chore you might even enjoy it!
Cheers Wattie (and Kel)
Ps Might even explain what "Mba" means later cos it made us laugh!
Attachments
scan0001.jpg

wattie

Post by wattie » Fri May 27, 2011 8:56 pm

page 2
Attachments
scan0002.jpg

wattie

Post by wattie » Fri May 27, 2011 8:57 pm

page 3
Attachments
scan0003.jpg

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Sat May 28, 2011 3:52 am

Wattie,
I think what both you and your wife have done is "bitchin" ( I am in CA after all :) )
Your reply to McFred was very nice and way nicer than I would have posted. Your wife is gorgeous in all her pictures. Your damn fine yourself :o
Your an inspiration to many of us and I say keep it up.

I might be a fat bastard right now, but one day, just one day, I'll get my mojo back and I say keep posting to keep me motivated  :)

wasp

Post by wasp » Sat May 28, 2011 9:20 am

[quote="McFred"]

As for this, I think that's about as attractive as a morbidly obese Southern Belle from Alabama.  To each their own though, keeps life interesting.   :tu:

[/quote]

Isn't it easy to be a bit mean on the internet?

If we were having a discussion concerning different body styles then i would understand the context but not the content of your comment.

Wattie & Kel have worked super hard to create the bodies they want, pushing themselves and showing tremendous amounts of willpower.

I think they should both be applauded for showing great spirit. :tu:

I agree with each to their own but I also believe if you have nothing positive or constructive to add......

Cheers,

Stu
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Sat May 28, 2011 3:41 pm

All very deep blah blah

Still think you look like your taking a dump  ;D

Justin
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

wattie

Post by wattie » Sat May 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Cheers for the messages Calscott, Stu.
We never take anything personally on this forum so no offense was taken.....we'll keep doing our thing and enjoy the banter it brings!
Justin, I agree- does look like I was  straining somewhat!
Cheers Wattie and Kel

wattie

Post by wattie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:32 am

As mentioned in the opening post of this thread,  Kel inspired me to enter my event......having seen the dedication she put into entering her Bodybuilding challenge the year before.

Well she's now decided to enter another competition....but this time it's a class that she's far more comfortable in.....Bikini.

As a result we'll be coming to Hertfordshire for the UK Championships which will be held at the Alban Arena, St Albans on 1st April 2012!

http://miamiproevents.co.uk/miami_pro_uk_championships.php

Depending upon how her training goes we might try to arrive a few days before the event which would mean we  could come to the Donnington Park Atom Track day on 28th......would be good to finally meet some more of you.

Regardless, if any of you are in the St Albans area in April, she'd welcome your support. She's likely to be giving away 15+years to some of her competitors so it would be a good moral boost.

So now it's time for the hard graft to begin after Christmas, careful diet, focussed training etc.

She's was photographed last week and is well on course for the event.

Cheers Wattie
Attachments
DSC_0377.jpg

wattie

Post by wattie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:33 am

and another.
Updates to follow, Cheers Wattie
Attachments
DSC_0542.jpg

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:15 pm

your timing is uncanny wattie

ive just finished compiling a massive list  of attendees for the annual

"Miss Naked 2012"

which i hold each year in my garden shed

funnily enough is on april 2nd but space is tight so no room for you. sorry. 

ive taken the liberty of entering the lovely kel, but prob need a few pics pm d to me to make sure that she fulfils our strict entry criteria

please also send thru the £100 entry fee

laters

justin
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Sounds to me like an opportunity for an molecule to have a run to St. Albans...

I've changed shape recently, too. Steve Gibson described it as 'Bruce's head on someone else's thinner's body'

Being deeply superficial, my inspiration was walking into my wardrobe in the middle of last year and looking at the clothes and thinking 'these are all old man's clothes'. In order to buy more fashionable clothes I needed a different body shape, so I spend an hour a day every weekday at the gym and eat fewer snacks during the day. As a result, I have lost about 17 kilos in the last seven months.

I still have some way to go, but I have been getting though jean waist sizes at about an inch smaller every six weeks or so. It's an expensive business, this losing weight... Most of my old clothes have been given away now.

As you say, Wattie, the body is an amazing piece of work. Best of luck to Kel...

Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

wattie

Post by wattie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:39 pm

[quote="justin swift"]
your timing is uncanny wattie

ive just finished compiling a massive list  of attendees for the annual

"Miss Naked 2012"

which i hold each year in my garden shed

funnily enough is on april 2nd but space is tight so no room for you. sorry. 

ive taken the liberty of entering the lovely kel, but prob need a few pics pm d to me to make sure that she fulfils our strict entry criteria

please also send thru the £100 entry fee

laters

justin
[/quote]
Brilliant!!! Top form as usual Justin  :roflp:
Cheers Wattie

Monza

Post by Monza » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Bruce, a bikini pics perhaps ?

:D

Jean-Pascal
Still old shape male
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

wattie

Post by wattie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:43 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
Sounds to me like an opportunity for an molecule to have a run to St. Albans...

I've changed shape recently, too. Steve Gibson described it as 'Bruce's head on someone else's thinner's body'

Being deeply superficial, my inspiration was walking into my wardrobe in the middle of last year and looking at the clothes and thinking 'these are all old man's clothes'. In order to buy more fashionable clothes I needed a different body shape, so I spend an hour a day every weekday at the gym and eat fewer snacks during the day. As a result, I have lost about 17 kilos in the last seven months.

I still have some way to go, but I have been getting though jean waist sizes at about an inch smaller every six weeks or so. It's an expensive business, this losing weight... Most of my old clothes have been given away now.

As you say, Wattie, the body is an amazing piece of work. Best of luck to Kel...
[/quote]
Good man Bruce, it's never to late to be fitter....and feel younger as a result.....keep going....you might make Mr December on Justin's Atom Hunk calender he's been secretly planning ;)

Maybe see you in St Albans...if not before!
Cheers Wattie