Ariel Ace

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
Hedge

Re: Ariel Ace

Post by Hedge » Fri May 22, 2015 9:55 am

Aye. Homolton might be getting a Nomad, too. Or a full on crack habit, he's undecided.

Wicked.

Cheers,
Hedge

wasp

Post by wasp » Fri May 22, 2015 11:15 am

[quote="Hedge"]
Aye. Homolton might be getting a Nomad, too. Or a full on crack habit, he's undecided.

Wicked.

Cheers,
Hedge
[/quote]

Props. Ace looks wicked. Bet JH goes all pink frame ;D

Why did you choose the Ace over other stuff on the market out of interest?

Cheers,
Stu
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Fri May 22, 2015 11:23 am

Hedge - That explains why the insurance costs are ever higher then - funding the brokers' hobbies  ;D
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Fri May 22, 2015 11:36 am

[quote="wasp"]Why did you choose the Ace over other stuff on the market out of interest?Cheers, Stu[/quote] To me there was a certain air of inevitability about me getting an Ace, from the moment I got into bikes - which was coincidentally around the time it was announced.

Although it's comedy expensive - in some ways - it's also unique. I like the fact that it doesn't try to take on the Japs/ Italians at "their" game. They've nailed it in terms of their target audience (not least due to it's cost). You're not gonna get 20/ 30 somethings climbing on board an Ace; such punters will naturally plump for R1's, RSV4's, Panigales, SS1000R's etc etc. The Ace doesn't even begin to pretend it's a rival; its target audience doesn't want to get its knee down blah blah. They probably want to dust it off every other weekend, early doors, cruise around for a couple of hours & pop it back in the garage.

Let's face it, most Atom owners get a lot out of being looked at. The Ace follows a similar vein. Pull up at the, erm, Ace cafe on a Ducati 899 Panigale & you'll get a few interested punters. Pull up on an Ace & you'll get an audience. Yes it's expensive but it has a lot of v expensive bits on it - again, like the Atom. The fact it's so limited is a major draw.

I think that knowing a lot of the Ariel guys helps, too.

All in my opinion, obvs :-)

Cheers, Hedge

wasp

Post by wasp » Fri May 22, 2015 12:34 pm

I tend to agree with you tbh.

I've been thinking about a bike for a while but just don't know if I'd have the time to ride in the UK, or if I'd just take the Atom instead.

Of course having both in the Garage would be the best of both worlds but I think if I go bike, I'd want some Euro touring capabilities.

With an Atom, an Ace and your debonair charm, you'll be an unstoppable force.............unless of course it's raining ;D

Cheers,
Stu
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Fri May 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Stu, the main draw for me to getting back on a bike was that it undoubtedly makes you a better car driver. It just does, it's irrefutable. I'm a safer driver of cars because I ride a bike.

Whether that alone makes "it" worth the risk is another matter entirely - & is entirely up to you.

Cheers,
Hedge

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Fri May 22, 2015 8:47 pm

I finally got round to getting a bike

Can't ride the bloody thing but looks cool  ;D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Fri May 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Hard Tail......Not too easy to handle from what I hear either, would not be my first choice for a two wheel ride...

Cant argue with the "Looking Cool" though  O0

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sat May 23, 2015 12:40 am

Do you keep it in the bedroom!?

;D
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Sat May 23, 2015 7:36 am

Had a void in the living room and managed to convince the boss that it would be way cooler than another sideboard

And she fell for it    :tu:

Is a "bobber, "  no speedo or indicators

Saw the guy riding it , looked bloody terrifying as has got a suicide gear change, ie has a conventional gear shifter behind the right leg......... Nuts
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS