BT Infinity

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
benyeats

Re: BT Infinity

Post by benyeats » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:06 pm

[quote="Trigger"]
I stress 'meant to get' - struggled to 1 mb the other day.......very annoying when you see other speeds.
[/quote]

That was my situation prior to yesterday, hence I am so happy with the upgrade.

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Oh yeah rub it in why dont you !!!!

Seriously, as you say, frustrating and its difficult to see where I live having new cables installed anytime soon so just have to lump it.

T
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

fb.george

Post by fb.george » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Looks like Cumbria beats Somerset in something.

Living 5.5km from the exchange we get....... 0.5 Mbps. Just told my Lad about 264mbps. He pointed out that would have taken his "Need for Speed" PS3 download last night seconds. Actually took 3 hours!

Hey ho, the price of living in the dark ages. We do have great hills and roads though!
Keep smiling!!

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:03 pm

Don't they have gigabit broadband in Korea and hong kong We are so behind the times

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:10 am

OnSky in our great Capital and getting a variable 11.99mps download and 0.99mps upload on their "20 mps" deal - our issue is its variability - we get 19mps sometimes in some rooms but it really falls off and upload speed is a pain

We have the Tv, landline, broadband deal and the other tv deals don't have all HD sport channels - might consider splitting

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:19 pm

[quote="FlyingTrotter"]
OnSky in our great Capital and getting a variable 11.99mps download and 0.99mps upload on their "20 mps" deal - our issue is its variability - we get 19mps sometimes in some rooms but it really falls off and upload speed is a pain

We have the Tv, landline, broadband deal and the other tv deals don't have all HD sport channels - might consider splitting
[/quote]

The variability between rooms will be down to your Wi-Fi link not your broadband connection.  I use powerline Ethernet to get a consistent data rate around the house.  Wi-Fi is good at very short range but not so good through walls.