Paramotoring....any of you chaps fly?

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
morgy

Re: Paramotoring....any of you chaps fly?

Post by morgy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:15 pm

Hi Sloanzurntoto

Yes we deal only With Bailey Aviation and the V5 4 stroke IMO the best Paramotor out there. Other bands available  ;)

We are also the only UK dealer who keeps stock of this Great machine. Normal waiting times around 12/14 weeks but most of the time 16/21.

We can ship to most countries and always have spare parts in stock unlike the manufacturer who only make to order.

4 stroke Paramotors have a low fuel brun but have a lower power output compared to the 2 stroke machines.  The V5 has a max pilot load of around 115kg Claimed by Bailey but i personally dont like to sell to anyone over 100kg unless there experienced.

If you have any questions you can drop me a line @ info@sussexparamotors.co.uk

Regards

Mark

DonnyMac

Post by DonnyMac » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:57 am

Hi Chaps,

I've done a few weeks para motoring over the past year or two; if you fancy organising a taster weekend when the weather warms up let me know as I'd love to tag along.

I'm real lazy though, so will require an oversized wing and a stiff breeze as if it takes more than 5 steps on full power to take off I run out of puff - the kit weighs a ton for a semi retired office worker!

I'm the first take off in this video - SkySchool's Spring 2010 Season - El Bueno, el Malo y el Feo!

Like I said, lazy.

Look forward to flying with you guys in the new year.

Donny

morgy

Post by morgy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:05 am

I have seen that... The good... I have also seen the Bad and  the ugly version ...  :roflp:

Were you there with a guy Called Steve Haze??? he was doing his instructor training ?

DonnyMac

Post by DonnyMac » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:11 am

I think I'm in all versions + doing the weather briefing in the 'and lazy' which was an addition just for me.

Yeah, I think I was there with Steve Hays, he didn't last too long if he's the guy I'm thinking of, he was paying for his training by being the chef?

We ate out a lot.  :roflp:

dilemma67

Post by dilemma67 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:06 pm

I think this would be a great trip out, never done it before but would love to master it. Where did you go to Donny. I'm    sure there's a few that would be up for it.
Simon

morgy

Post by morgy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:27 pm

By the looks of it donny went out to sky school in spain..

there are a few instructors in the uk some better than others...

DonnyMac

Post by DonnyMac » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Sadly, Alex the guy that runs SkySchool is an acquired taste so I couldn't recommend it to anyone with a personality; shame as the other two that do the season over there are top chaps.

Morgy must know of some decent instuctors, we'll need the best part of a week I reckon as it's not just a case of strapping the kit on and flying with the birds on the first day.

Oh, and the first landing is pretty hair raising as you'll not have done one bar maybe from a 5' high tow.

Great fun.

Looking forward to Morgy's recommendations either here or abroad?

morgy

Post by morgy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi

I could try to sort out one or more instructors i use/Pass on students to Michel Carnet, And Dean Eldridge.
A quick google search and you will come up with there credentials :)

They can be very busy... Uk weather is a pain!!! to get a full 10 day course in could take you the best part of 2/3 months depending on your work commitments.

courses are normally around the £900 for the 10 days. Some teach by day rate. £100-£130 per person per day incuding equipment.

I think the best bet is for all those interested in Paramotoring to all meet up and see if its for you...