Dymag Order

All things Atomic
woodsypedia

Dymag Order

Post by woodsypedia » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:29 am

After trying to find some Dymags for the Atom 3.5r and failing - I approached the factory who have said that these are becoming increasingly rare as they haven't placed an order for a long old while.

In short - Matt is reaching out to Dymag to ask how much for a batch of say 5.

Would there be interest from others here in getting a set? Could be punchy - around £4K a set - but I REALLY want some - so hoping there are others in the same boat :)

GraemeW

Re: Dymag Order

Post by GraemeW » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:46 pm

I did see someone recently saying they wanted some. Trouble is I can't remember where. Ariel discussion is now scattered over so many places; here, Facebook, web, a dozen or more WhatsApp groups. Hopefully they will see this

woodsypedia

Post by woodsypedia » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:49 pm

It was probably me. Someone mentioned a used set on Facebook but want to avoid these.

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:50 pm

LOL, but seriously there's always someone who wants them

woodsypedia

Post by woodsypedia » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:55 pm

Ha! Well if we can find four or five people that want them, we may get some economies of scale or discount.

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:19 pm

I might be wrong here, but i don't think Dymag have the casting moulds any more, but the place that did the casting is still going, so we got htem to make them for us, as Dymag went under all those years ago. So technically it was an Ariel wheel, that used to be a Dymag, thats the same as Dymag wheel, painted a slightly different colour, but isnt a Dymag. Confused yet?

We have already asked if they are willing to do another run of wheels - we used to have massive quantities of these made, and the bloke that did the machining absolutely HATED it (he used to tell me everytime i spoke to him about getting more wheels!) So, its a long shot, but can give it a go and, but it might be rather costly.

woodsypedia

Post by woodsypedia » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:02 pm

Thanks Henry. I'm going off a conversation with Matt - so what you say probably makes sense. Any info you can share would be appreciated.

Cheers

CW.