bellcrank bearing?

All things Atomic
cheeky_chops

bellcrank bearing?

Post by cheeky_chops » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:59 pm

Evening. Seems my 2014 atom has got a knocking bellcrank bearing from the front right.

Ive searched the forum but no joy so anyone have the dimensions or a 3rd party supplier code?

I replaced a shock bearing (thinking the noise came from this) and Ariel sent a SKF GE15C bearing for 3 times the internet price ..

cheers

Atlarge

Re: bellcrank bearing?

Post by Atlarge » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:38 pm

Hi, is it definitely the bell crank making the noise? - Reason I ask, is I had a similar knocking sound from the front end on my Atom 3 that I couldn't pin down for ages. Eventually and after greasing the front rack, the bell cranks, suspension and almost anything that moved etc I found that it was the PTFE lined rod ends that were 'creaking'...

I needlessly replaced one of the large ones & fixed my issue with nothing more than a can of high quality (dry setting) PFTE / Teflon spray. Start by throughly cleaning them all with a cloth and WD40 and then apply the PTFE spray.....

Maybe be worth a go if you're not 100% sure where the sounds are from!

No idea on a part no. for the bell crank, at the worst you could always remove your existing one and check?

Good luck!

cheeky_chops

Post by cheeky_chops » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:16 pm

Spoke to Ariel, they agree it isnt this so much that the bell crank/bearing isnt a off the shelf part! Will takes 1-2 weeks to procure....

It does move up/down the shaft but its against bronze bushes. Weve tracked it down to the tie rod end - will try some PTFE thanks!

Atlarge

Post by Atlarge » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:04 am

Great, hope you get it sorted! - Be very careful when spraying the PTFE, you do not want to get it anywhere near the brake pads or discs!!