Ariel Atom Insurance Help

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
peekingduck

Ariel Atom Insurance Help

Post by peekingduck » Thu May 16, 2019 8:57 am

Hi all.

I am new to the forum, and looking for some help with insurance, I've found an AA I want to purchase, but I am shopping around for insurance quotes and finding it extremely difficult.

To give some detail, I am 29, been driving for two years in June and held a motorbike license for 3 years in July. I have a Porsche 718 Cayman S and a Kawasaki Z650 motorbike, and never had any driving offences.

So far, I've contacted A Plan, Adrian Flux and REIS with the only company to provide me a quote being REIS at a whopping £2,750 for 3,000 annual miles and garaged in Manchester city centre.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which other insurance companies to try and get a quote from?

Or, is this just the reality of insuring an AA, I know I am young(ish) and haven't much driving experience, but £2,750 for someone who has a semi-fast car and a semi-fast motorbike and clocks 10k plus a year seems a bit steep, I know they are entirely different vehicles. Does everyone get stung on the first year of insuring one of these beasts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Fastlane

Re: Ariel Atom Insurance Help

Post by Fastlane » Thu May 16, 2019 11:39 am

There are only a limited number of insurance companies/underwriters that will insure an Atom, so if you have contacted the companies above, you may be out of luck. The only other broker not mentioned is Classic Line, but I believe they access the same insurance companies/underwriters.

I think your main problem is only having had your licence for 2 years. To be fair, if you have a Z650 and Cayman S, then you are being greedy wanting an Atom too! ;)

Good luck getting it sorted and sorry I can't be of more help.
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

Karl V

Re: Ariel Atom Insurance Help

Post by Karl V » Thu May 16, 2019 12:41 pm

I'm not sure how 'up to date' this list is, but have you checked out https://ariel.club/ariel-car-insurance/?