Atom numbers are building in Cyprus!!

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
autobackup

Atom numbers are building in Cyprus!!

Post by autobackup » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:51 am

A second Atom (2007 Atom 2) has now turned up in Cyprus - a 100% increase in numbers!!

It was bought and imported to Cyprus from the UK by Stephen Massie ( a Scot) who is wondering about this Atom 2's previous life?

It's UK registration was WA07 HCX and should anyone have any insight into its previous history Steve would love to know about it.

I have suggested that he should join the Atom Club so you may see him here in the future
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

smokin

Re: Atom numbers are building in Cyprus!!

Post by smokin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:27 am

These guys sold it a while back so may be able to provide some insight http://www.topgear-cars.co.uk/showroom/ ... y-now-sold

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Good sleuthing Smokin! I see they thought the aero bubbles were "sun visors", presumably for extremely short people...

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:23 pm

Thanks smokin

Called Top Gear Motors this afternoon and they think that they sold it in 2013'ish?

- the guy remembered the car and said that he thought that it had had a full rebuild including a new frame - in the photos it show side panel mounting tags which I don't believe were on an original Atom 2 frame - but I may be wrong?

The person Top Gear bought it from told TG that the reason he was selling it was because he was leaving the UK for a job overseas!

Other than posting out some brake pads and wheel bearings to an owner - Henry at the factory told me that it had never been back to Ariel since it was originally sold new in 2007!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)

smokin

Post by smokin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:58 am

autobackup wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:23 pm ....side panel mounting tags which I don't believe were on an original Atom 2 frame - but I may be wrong?
Mine's a 2005 and has them so probably an option on the list
autobackup wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:23 pm Henry at the factory told me that it had never been back to Ariel since it was originally sold new in 2007!
Arch wouldn't deal direct with me when I wanted my frame recoated so I'd be surprised if they'd supply a new frame without the factory's knowledge. It does have a 3 year gap in its MOT record but that was from 2014-2017 https://www.regit.cars/car/wa07hcx

LaLaLa

Post by LaLaLa » Sat May 01, 2021 10:52 am

Hi
I'm Atom 3 owner and will move to Cyprus this or next month as non dom.
Thinking about bringing my Ariel and am happy to see that i might not be the only one.

ATM Im thinking about selling in Germany as its just getting rebuilt in the UK factory (with a new frame :)).
Im roaming around a lot and as much fun the Atom is, its also the only "not easy frequent long distance travelling" thing in my life.
Selling would just for convenience and that feels wrong too -.- Love my Atom!

1) Can you provide me some information about "importing" and yearly costs you have?
2) Do you have full comprehensive cover? I have that in Germany and am happy that my 30k € repair is covered :-D
Atom 3 300

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Sat May 01, 2021 7:46 pm

Lalala

Welcome to Cyprus - and yes you can import and register your Atom here

I have been unable to get comprehensive insurance here so my Atom's insured 3rd party with the government's 'Hire Pool' scheme - I insure mine from 01/05 - 30/11 every year circa €600 plus ⁷/12 of the €210 annual road tax.

There must might be the possibility that your German insurance company might be persuaded to cover you in Cyprus - the other alternative is to bring it in completely tax and environment charge free for 6 months with it remaining taxed and insured in Germany (Green card) and on it's German number plates - after 6 months you would either have to register it locally in Cyprus or re-export it!

Also when coming to live in Cyprus both you (and your wife/partner) are entitled to bring a car each with you completely free of charge!

There are some great Atom friendly mountain roads in Cyprus - however the best months are the spring and autumn ones!

While there are no import taxes as such importing from the EU you will still, if you don't bring it as one of your 'allowed' free cars, have to pay the environmental emmisions charge which seems to be variable!. The Atom's Honda K20 engine is rated at 183gms/km.

If you decide to bring it with you I can help you with getting it MOT'd (€35) and registering it.

Whereabouts are you intending to live in Cyprus?

Paul
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)