Atom 3 - Mansfield Notts

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Glenn@notts

Atom 3 - Mansfield Notts

Post by Glenn@notts » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:55 pm

Hello all. I have been lurking for a little while now but on 30/09/18 I finally pulled the trigger on an absolutely excellent Atom 3 formerly belonging to Jaylatti on here. Couldn't be happier with it and it really is a testament to his years of ownership/vision.
I think we share a love of Honda engines and the method my car has been tuned to 275bhp N/A imediately jumped off the page at me and I had to go take a look (very well informed tuning really impressed) . Needless to say I loved it an had to have it. For me it had to be N/A it's just my preference so that's why I didn't just drop a deposit on a 4. That being said who knows what the future will bring :)
Quickly learned that evvvvveryone loves it (literally cars stopping in the middle of the road taking photos) I love the fact it makes me laugh out loud every time I drive it. So yeah, just thought I better get off my backside and say hello properly. I'm based in Nottinghamshire, not sure who's from my neck of the woods?

phil4

Re: Atom 3 - Mansfield Notts

Post by phil4 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Welcome to the club.

And you know what.. the best bit is that you're really enjoying the car. Sure, mine's different, but once strapped in and going, it's a cracking bit of kit, that leaves me buzzing every time I drive it.

I'm not from round your way, but hope to see you at an event in due course!

Have fun and enjoy!

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:03 pm

Welcome to a fellow new owner. I saw that car for sale when mine was for sale and wondered who bought it. I had to have a Supercharged Atom for the banshee screech - I got my 2008 3 300 on the 16th September and have driven 800 miles in it so far and absolutely love it.

Hope you are enjoying the fine weather! :tu:

By the way, we need photos!
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

Glenn@notts

Post by Glenn@notts » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Thanks. Good to see the community associated with these cars is still active. Seems like car forums died out a few years ago in favour of Instagram and face book photo fest's. I wouldn't fancy my chances keeping on top of one of these without some decent knowledge to thumb through :)

phil4

Post by phil4 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Instagram and Facebook have their place... they're very good for quickly sharing pics or ideas. They typically get read and replied to pretty well, and feedback as to what people like or not. It's very much "of the moment".

The problem is that they're not very structured, quite hard to search back on and usually not good for longer or more complex discussions.

There is a place for both, but with all the useful info this forum carries, I hope it doesn't die off in the forseeable.

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Can't say I am a big fan of any social media, it's all a bit too "look at me, look at me" be it Vainbook, Instacrap or Twatter. I prefer forums. I also don't "get" selfies or asking a barista "can I get a latte?"

phil4

Post by phil4 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:30 pm

Fastlane wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:24 pm it's all a bit too "look at me, look at me"
Says the man who drives an Atom, one of the most discrete and humdrum cars known to man ;)

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:47 pm

phil4 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:30 pm
Fastlane wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:24 pm it's all a bit too "look at me, look at me"
Says the man who drives an Atom, one of the most discrete and humdrum cars known to man ;)
Ahh, but they are looking at the Atom not the fat, balding middle-aged man driving it! ^-^

Glenn@notts

Post by Glenn@notts » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:28 pm

That's it, next profile pic on face book is me in the atom drinking a latte. Should probably get my chest out and use a selfie stick for the full effect. :)

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Now that I'd like to see, especially if you are driving at the same time... ;)

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:57 am

Does using a mobile phone attached to a selfie-stick while driving an Atom (not so easy in a Nomad :laugh: ) count as using it handsfree if pulled by the plod?
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

phil4

Post by phil4 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:02 am

autobackup wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:57 am Does using a mobile phone attached to a selfie-stick while driving an Atom (not so easy in a Nomad :laugh: ) count as using it handsfree if pulled by the plod?
Nah, if you don't touch the screen, you'd just get done for driving without due care and attention.