Hello from potential new owner in Northamptonshire

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Hadrian

Hello from potential new owner in Northamptonshire

Post by Hadrian » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi there,

I currently drive a Lotus 2-Eleven - track days mostly but also for the occasional dry day blast on the road.  Previously I’ve had two bike engined cars, a Westfield Megablade which was Road legal and then a Sabre Fireblade (similar to a Radical) but because it was noisy track days were becoming problematic though it was the most exciting and rewarding track car I’ve ever driven. The 2-Eleven is great fun but I feel the need for a change and an Atom is very appealing. I managed to get a passenger ride in an Atom 3.5R on a track day recently and the performance was as near as I’ve ever experienced to the Sabre.  What I really miss in the Lotus is the sequential box that was so enjoyable in the bike engined cars.  Like many previous posters here I’m torn between new with a long wait or used with immediate availability.  What advice would you give to a newbie?
Last edited by Hadrian on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrLizard

Re: Hello from potential new owner in Northamptonshire

Post by MrLizard » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:05 pm

i think some people chose to do both, residuals are fairly strong so you could buy a used one, and put a deposit down on a new, sell the used one 12 months on and jump into a new one with fairly minimal loss and a years worth of fun :)

wasp

Post by wasp » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:43 pm

[quote="MrLizard"]
i think some people chose to do both, residuals are fairly strong so you could buy a used one, and put a deposit down on a new, sell the used one 12 months on and jump into a new one with fairly minimal loss and a years worth of fun :)
[/quote]

This.

Genuinely sound advice.

Check with the Factory for the history on any car you are considering buying. Whilst lots of people are capable of general maintenance on the Atom, one with Factory history will be very easy to sell at the right time of year.

Cheers,
Stu

Cheers,
Stu
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Yep all good advice here but be prepared to remortgage for the sequential box! On track it is superb though...a great bit of kit and really changes the dynamic of the car.
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom: