New owner

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
GraemeW

Re: New owner

Post by GraemeW » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Yes I saw that.  Very good spec it has.  I often think I should have done that, rather than wait months for a new one !
Enjoy.  Hope to meet up some day

phil4

Post by phil4 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:06 pm

I'll keep my eyes peeled :)

reg

Post by reg » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:12 pm

[quote="Digger"]
Yes I saw that.  Very good spec it has.  I often think I should have done that, rather than wait months for a new one !
Enjoy.  Hope to meet up some day
[/quote]
There's no right or wrong to these things, it all works out either way :) Likewise, it'll be good to see a few other out and about, I have never seen one around where I live, quite a few of the Caterham guys are based near me and I'll be heading to Penn meet to educate them all  :laugh:
'he was reet fast'

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:48 pm

I owe apologies to Phil4 for doubting his understanding - the joke is on me it seems ..

Reg sent me a PM .. I had assumed his deposit was on a new order just placed and that his comment about popping down to the factory this weekend to arrange delivery dates (complete with smiley) was a tongue in cheek reference to having to wait months for delivery ..

More beer will fix this ..
Last edited by John Scherrer on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

phil4

Post by phil4 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:13 pm

[quote="John Scherrer"]
I owe apologies to Phil4 for doubting his understanding - the joke is on me it seems ..
[/quote]

No apology needed, I took Reg at his word, but of course I only had a few posts to base it on, so I could quite easily have been very very wrong.

[quote="John Scherrer"]
More beer will fix this ..
[/quote]

It'll fix most things, albeit only temporarily.
Last edited by phil4 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:27 pm

Reg, I was heading the caterham way.  I spent years wanting one after helping a friend build one, and having few drives in them.  Was just about to order a new one, when someone suggested I check out the Atom, which I knew nothing about.  Took me a couple of months to change my mind and order the Atom instead.  Was hesitant at first, strange really, because for most people it is love at first sight/drive.  Now, however I am 100% sure I've made the right choice, and can't wait!
Last edited by GraemeW on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reg

Post by reg » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:15 pm

Digger, absolutely. I enjoyed my Caterham and spent loads on upgrades. I almost bought a carbon copy before trying the 620 and 420. But, the Atom feels so much more solid and regardless, the noise and the ethos of the company for me is light years ahead. I'll still attend the local seven meets, we're all the same people at the end of the day :)

John, absolutely no worries at all, no need to apologize for anything :)

Anyway. Feel like a small child waiting for a delivery of chocolate. Thanks everyone for the comments.
'he was reet fast'

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:35 pm

[quote="reg"]
[, quite a few of the Caterham guys are based near me and I'll be heading to Penn meet to educate them all  :laugh:
[/quote]

ive been up to that meet a couple of times in atom over the years, as penn st is very close to me

welcoming friendly bunch
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

reg

Post by reg » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:46 pm

So, I went for the Tilletts, hoping to get it delivered this Friday....just the minor detail of paying the balance, ahem.

The guys at the factory are brilliant and have handled my rampant enthusiasm, colour indecision and uprgraeditous with skill :)
'he was reet fast'

phil4

Post by phil4 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:07 am

[quote="reg"]have handled my rampant enthusiasm, colour indecision and uprgraeditous with skill :)
[/quote]

I think they're used to it by now :)

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:37 am

Come the time, I will feel guilty, taking a lot of time with them, asking all the daft questions.  They must be bored to some extent with it :D.

Patience really is a virtue

petrolhead

Post by petrolhead » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Hello all you Atom owners.

I am new to Atom's, New to forums and new to owners clubs. Have just became the new owner of a 2011 3/300 with full upgrade to 3.5.

Cant Wait to release this beast

Based in County Durham I have seen one of these UNIQUE Machines in Staindrop at a local village fete.

Would gladly swap contacts/e-mail/mobile/with local owners

Kind regards Steve f

AMH 142

Post by AMH 142 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:02 pm

Welcome to the club Steve, and to the Great North Atom Chapter too. Our local leaders will no doubt be along shortly to formally invite you. That must be 4 or 5 of us now. Look forward to seeing you out and about.
Aidan

Craig Sams

Post by Craig Sams » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:35 am

Steve,

Welcome to the world of Ariel and the exclusive invite into the Great North Atom Chapter, subject to auditing your passport to ensure your not form down south. RS4 George will be in touch no doubt and enrol you into the Chapter.

You must have spotted my motor at the local village carnival, where are you located?

Craig

deepdiver

Post by deepdiver » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Yay welcome to the atom world. :vroom:

nice one

George.