Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Alex Brandon-Smith

Re: New member

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:39 am

[quote="Toilet Duck"]
[quote="Alex BS"]
Tracked my quite bit now John and never had any issues at all. I probably would next time but if only doing a few a year it should be fine you'd have thought? I'm sure you'd know more than I though!
[/quote]

The trouble is, if you do suffer oil surge/starvation (even briefly) on a high speed bend etc, that's your big end bearings gone and the bottom end of your engine wrecked. Its not really a question of how many track days you do, if you just did one a year but pushed the car hard enough to send the oil in the sump away from the pick-up point, that's your engine gone.  :vroom:
[/quote]

I'd best get one added to the next steed then! Tom where's that spec sheet....
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

Tom Horton

Post by Tom Horton » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi guys,
Hoping to go and view an Atom on Tuesday, which is advertised on pistonheads. Just wondered if any of you knew about this particular car or if you can have a quick look for me to see if it sounds right for the money. Any comments - positive or negative - greatly appreciated! http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ariel/atom/ariel-atom-3-310-supercharged--fully-loaded-3-5/4802858

Thanks Tom

julian

Post by julian » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:52 pm

The Spec sounds excellent, not all of it my cup of tea but that's a personal thing, mag wheels, Alcons, blisteins, carbon etc.

Tom at factory will definitely know this owner and car the amount he has bought, call him.

Price sounds good with all the extras. You might get a bit off.

Good luck

Julian
Last edited by julian on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.