Back with an old friend

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Adam T

Back with an old friend

Post by Adam T » Mon May 18, 2015 9:47 pm

I picked up my newly acquired Atom from Ariel today.  Absolutely brilliant!
It was like being back with a dear old friend, who happens to have grown up, gone to the gym and taken steroids.

A 6 hr drive back in the rain, high winds and floods made me realise what I have been missing all these years.  Such a fantastic car. 
Here is my Atom 3, 310.

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Re: Back with an old friend

Post by John Scherrer » Tue May 19, 2015 5:45 am

Shame you had miserable weather on pick up day !

Great thing about the Atom is that driving it under any conditions is a thrill and a lovely thing  :vroom:

Here's to some great summer days ..
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Bungle009

Post by Bungle009 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:10 am

Hi Adam,
You took me for a drive in your 220 about 6 years ago, and i subsequently bought a 160, and have taken delivery of a 245 last year.  Are you still in Odiham, or further afield now.  You picked me up from Alton.
Good to have you back in the fold...

Adam T

Post by Adam T » Tue May 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Wow, that's going back a few years, but what a great story that is.  Two Atoms from a passenger ride, brilliant.  I should start speaking to Ariel about commission.
Unfortunately I am long gone from Odiham now.  Left in 2009, moved house 5 times since but have now settled down in the Yorkshire Dales. It means I have the Lakes, the Dales and N.York moors to explore with my Atom.  ;D

I tell you what, folk were right about the differences between the Atom 2 & 3, I found it be quite marked.  The Atom 3 inspires more early confidence and it is a much smoother ride, more mature even?
Last edited by Adam T on Tue May 19, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Craig Sams

Post by Craig Sams » Tue May 19, 2015 7:33 pm

Adam,

Welcome back, its where you belong.

Do you class the Yorkshire Dales as part of the Great North Ariel Chapter?