Hello from West Tennesse

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
jumper

Hello from West Tennesse

Post by jumper » Fri May 09, 2014 2:25 am

Hi everyone. I don't have an Atom, but since I saw it, I have become a fanatic. I'm sure you all understand.

Nice to meet everyone :)

FourFather

Re: Hello from West Tennesse

Post by FourFather » Fri May 09, 2014 3:44 am

Welcome.  Of course we understand.

This video is my demonstrator/company car,  a 2012 Ariel Atom 3, and I, having fun on the Hallett Motor Raceway track.  This was about three events ago, late last year.

Eddie FourFather Hill and his Ariel Atom 3 passing racecars at Hallett in 2013

Big fun.

Eddie ;D

jumper

Post by jumper » Fri May 09, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi Eddie. What a video. If that doesn't make your heart pound, you need to go to a doctor and see if you're still alive. Doses your Atom have the Honda motor in it. It sounds really good. If/when I  try and build my own replica, I'm thinking about using a smaller engine for better mpg. Any suggestions? Don't want to talk about this in my introduction thread. I'll just ask the engine question in the other parts of the forum.

john

[quote="FourFather"]
Welcome.  Of course we understand.

This video is my demonstrator/company car,  a 2012 Ariel Atom 3, and I, having fun on the Hallett Motor Raceway track.  This was about three events ago, late last year.

Eddie FourFather Hill and his Ariel Atom 3 passing racecars at Hallett in 2013

Big fun.

Eddie ;D
[/quote]

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Fri May 09, 2014 2:59 pm

My Atom 3 demonstrator/company car has the Honda K20A engine with the supercharger, all stock from the USA Atom factory, TMI.  I replaced the muffler with an unmuffled pipe, so I can better hear when to shift.  (My hearing is impaired by too many years of tuning and driving top fuel cars and boats, when I was too macho to wear hearing protection.) 

Eddie ;D

jumper

Post by jumper » Fri May 09, 2014 3:11 pm

I just noticed that you're a dealer as well. Cool  ;D I know what you mean about the hearing part. I used to play in a band for over 20 years and that messed my hearing as well.

Going to send you a PM...

Bungle009

Post by Bungle009 » Fri May 09, 2014 3:57 pm

That doesnt sound like a supercharged honda K20.  They normally whine, which im not fond of.  What have you done to make it sound more N/A ?

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Fri May 09, 2014 4:15 pm

The only thing I've changed on the engine is replacing the muffler with an un-muffled pipe, so maybe the exhaust note overpowers the supercharger sound?

Eddie ;D

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Fri May 09, 2014 6:26 pm

The wine is not there due to the position of the camera, i've had it in top of the air intake, no more wining noise

How and on what did you attach the camera in this angle? Looks like a good one!
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Sun May 11, 2014 8:07 pm

[quote="speedmachine"]
The wine is not there due to the position of the camera, i've had it in top of the air intake, no more wining noise

How and on what did you attach the camera in this angle? Looks like a good one!
[/quote]

I could not readily find a close-up of the camera mount I fabricated to fit on the right-hand roll bar mount, but if you look at the reamost Atom in the picture you may be able to see the camera.  I can see it on my big screen.
I like that camera angle best of all the ones I have tried so far.

[img width=1024 height=768]http://imgtree.net/files/o8dnc6pb4qtzmkoevb07.jpg[/img]

Eddie ;D

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sun May 11, 2014 10:49 pm

It's a bit grainy ..
Attachments
o8dnc6pb4qtzmkoevb07_crop.jpg
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

jumper

Post by jumper » Mon May 12, 2014 3:45 am

Eddie... I'll trade you my garage for yours (j/k).

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Mon May 12, 2014 7:01 am

Thanks for the pic, clear enough!
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Mon May 12, 2014 1:06 pm

[quote="speedmachine"]
Thanks for the pic, clear enough!
[/quote]

Here is a picture of a mount I made for one of the clients that bought an Atom from me.

[img width=1024 height=768]http://imgtree.net/files/wrkt5rlzcw1ne3zwr8s6.jpg[/img]

I made a larger one for my own car, that takes the GoPro suction cup.  For safety, I cross-tie Velcro strips through the slots in the roll bar mount and over the suction cup mount, but the suction cup has never loosened.

Eddie  ;D