An Ariel Atom makes the best Christmas present! :)

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Vhayne

An Ariel Atom makes the best Christmas present! :)

Post by Vhayne » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:12 pm

A few weeks ago, my wife and I decided to drive up to VIR and visit the Atom factory there. We met with Mark Swain, who kindly showed us around and explained how the Atom was built. It was an incredible experience that I'll never forget. Mark was awesome and very helpful with all of my questions. We did, what I thought at the time, was a simulation build -- to get an idea of price, and to go over each of the options and the differences. I had intended to return in 2013 to get this thing going. But my wife had other plans.

For Christmas, she surprised me with a deposit placed on a new custom Ariel Atom 3. We open gifts a little early each year hehe. Chassis #AA30175. I honestly can't wait! We are having the frame painted to match my rare lamborghini color, Blu Cepheus, with everything else black and carbon where available. Should be one of a kind.  Mine will have the front and rear wing as well though. I look forward to spending alot of time here on these forums, asking many questions and reading about others experiences.

FlyingTrotter

Re: An Ariel Atom makes the best Christmas present! :)

Post by FlyingTrotter » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:20 pm

Excellent - can you guys in the US get the new lights/dash etc

Vhayne

Post by Vhayne » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:00 pm

The way I understand what Mark was saying, was that the 3.5 will be UK specific.  The US model will be getting all of the upgrades including the dash, but not the headlights for the 2013 MY.  It will just not be called "3.5" in the US.

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Sounds good - "3.5" is a pretty stupid name - US approach makes more sense to me

When will you collect the car ? 

Vhayne

Post by Vhayne » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:40 pm

It should be finished in March.  Also doing a driving experience there as well, so I'd like to try to pick it up the same day. :)  Would be awesome hehe.

Monza

Post by Monza » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Great wife  :tu:
Great car choice !  :tu:
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:01 am

well those are the better presents indeed....pic of the lambo would be cool...
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

Vhayne

Post by Vhayne » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:13 am

[quote="speedmachine"]
well those are the better presents indeed....pic of the lambo would be cool...
[/quote]

Finally figured out how to crop and resize! :) lol
Attachments
newlambo2.jpg

Vhayne

Post by Vhayne » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:13 am

And the plan.....
Attachments
newatom1.jpg

Vhayne

Post by Vhayne » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:26 am

Ahh hell, figured I'd post up 1 of my other gifts from my wonderful wife. :)  I really don't deserve this woman.  So great to me!
Attachments
newtrex2.jpg

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:37 am

This lambo is awesome! And i love your wife...but what the hell is this last thing!? Looks cool, but what is it and how hard can you push it?
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

Vhayne

Post by Vhayne » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:57 am

[quote="speedmachine"]
This lambo is awesome! And i love your wife...but what the hell is this last thing!? Looks cool, but what is it and how hard can you push it?
[/quote]

Thanks, and I love my wife too! :) hehe  The last thing is a Campagna T-Rex.  Classified as a motorcycle, and is powered by a kawasaki zzr1200 inline 4 motor.  The newer ones use zx-14 motors.  2 wheels in the front, one in the back.  It weighs about the same as the Atom, or maybe a bit less I think.  I just got it a couple of days ago, and haven't had much time in it yet due to it being quite cold outside.  But it's the most "raw" machine I've driven yet aside from actual racecars.  Before driving it at all, I had all the tires replaced with some super sticky tires, and so far I haven't had any traction issues.  Of course, I haven't pushed it yet at all.  It's a TON of fun however lol.  I really can't wait for spring so I can drive it without being bundled up.  But by then I'll be juggling it with the Atom! 

rijowysock

Post by rijowysock » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:43 am

[quote="Vhayne"]
And the plan.....
[/quote]

looks great, lucky man w/ great wife too!