New owner in TX

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
beckertb

New owner in TX

Post by beckertb » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Greetings.  I have been contemplating purchasing an atom for a few years now.  Seems like it might fill a void in my garage.  Made a deal last night on this AA2 300 last night that has had the bugs sorted out by TMI and Sector 111.  Hope to make a road trip and pick up this weekend.  Look forward to future interactions here.

ben

McFred

Re: New owner in TX

Post by McFred » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:35 pm

Sweet, welcome to AtomClub.  Looks nice.  What's the mileage and suspension/brake specs?  Except for the bubbles, roll bar, and wheel color it looks a lot like mine.

Whereabouts in TX are you located?  There are quite a few around Dallas.

Gage

Post by Gage » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:15 pm

Welcome to the forum! 

There is practically an Atom club of its own in Texas.

Was your Atom the one for sale in East Tennessee?    

beckertb

Post by beckertb » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:25 pm

[quote="McFred"]
Sweet, welcome to AtomClub.  Looks nice.  What's the mileage and suspension/brake specs?  Except for the bubbles, roll bar, and wheel color it looks a lot like mine.

Whereabouts in TX are you located?  There are quite a few around Dallas.
[/quote]

around 2500 miles
original invoice just says race brake package and ajustable suspension

I'm in beaumont--about 70 miles east of Houston.

Its been a while since I have been this excited about an acquisition :-)

beckertb

Post by beckertb » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:28 pm

[quote="Gage"]
Welcome to the forum! 

There is practically an Atom club of its own in Texas.

Was your Atom the one for sale in East Tennessee?    
[/quote]

Yes, sir, it is.  I'm not sure if Steve (the current owner) visits this site.  Mark S knows the car and gave me a thumbs up on it, so good enough for me  :tu:

Gage

Post by Gage » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:33 pm

[quote="beckertb"]
Yes, sir, it is.  I'm not sure if Steve (the current owner) visits this site.  Mark S knows the car and gave me a thumbs up on it, so good enough for me  :tu:
[/quote]

Well, it is beautiful in east Tennessee.  I live near Memphis TN and I've been out there many times.  I saw the details about your Atom and I think you got a great car, as Mark S said.   

Enjoy!      Just wait till you get it on a track.  Grin

Driver

Post by Driver » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Beaumont. We're from there. . You'll have fun driving it on the mountain roads there.  ;) At least with typical Beaumont weather being even more humid than Houston the Atom will act as a Swamp Cooler.  ;D  Seriously, you get tired of flatland cruising come on up to Austin and the Hill Country anytime.  Congrats and enjoy your new Atom.

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Congratulations and welcome!

We sure have fun at Eagles Canyon Raceway near Decatur, Tx., and we'd love to have you join us.  :tu:

Eddie :)
www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com
Authorized Ariel Atom Dealer

silver

Post by silver » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:05 pm

I have a friend in Houston that bought the old Van Halen atom, he's not on this forum but y'all are close together.

I'll be (hopefully) driving the atom to houston for the humongous supra meet in March if you wanted to try to meet up there

March 18,19  not sure of the venue...and won't know if weather's permitting until probably that week so we'll see.

Welcome to ownership!

Aaron

beckertb

Post by beckertb » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:00 am

[quote="Driver"]
Beaumont. We're from there. . You'll have fun driving it on the mountain roads there.  ;) At least with typical Beaumont weather being even more humid than Houston the Atom will act as a Swamp Cooler.  ;D  Seriously, you get tired of flatland cruising come on up to Austin and the Hill Country anytime.  Congrats and enjoy your new Atom.
[/quote]

I'd love to make a run to the hill country some weekend.  Put some miles on this girl :-)

beckertb

Post by beckertb » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:01 am

[quote="FourFather"]
Congratulations and welcome!

We sure have fun at Eagles Canyon Raceway near Decatur, Tx., and we'd love to have you join us.  :tu:

Eddie :)
www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com
Authorized Ariel Atom Dealer
[/quote]

Thanks Eddie.  You are part of the reason I was interested in getting an Atom.  You're racing career is certainly inspiring.  If it is exciting for you, it has to be exciting to me :-)

beckertb

Post by beckertb » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:03 am

Hi Aaron,

I've made it to the supra/viper nationals before with a hennessey venom 600 with heffner s/c but that was a few years ago.  Still have the car but I'd love to get together when you make it down.  I'll stay in touch!

ben

[quote="silver"]
I have a friend in Houston that bought the old Van Halen atom, he's not on this forum but y'all are close together.

I'll be (hopefully) driving the atom to houston for the humongous supra meet in March if you wanted to try to meet up there

March 18,19  not sure of the venue...and won't know if weather's permitting until probably that week so we'll see.

Welcome to ownership!

Aaron
[/quote]

beckertb

Post by beckertb » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:50 pm

Nice looking Atom,(love that exhaust) cool tow rig and trailer! Safe journey ;) :tu:

beckertb

Post by beckertb » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:28 pm

I made it home. Logged just over 2k miles in about 31 hours.  Got the car unloaded and racked away.  Got the deal made on some aluminum spoilers on the ride home :-)

This is one of the little truck/trailer combinations.  Here's what I usually go to the regional track events with but seemed a little overkill to pick up the atom HA

For you fellow TX owners, where do you place the inspection/registration stickers?  Thought about getting a piece of lexan and clamping it to the frame.........

Cheers,

ben

[quote="MadMaxAtom and company"]
Nice looking Atom,(love that exhaust) cool tow rig and trailer! Safe journey ;) :tu:
[/quote]