hello from Malibu, CA

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Mota Leira

hello from Malibu, CA

Post by Mota Leira » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:12 am

Been trying to find a new car... but everything is too heavy or doesn't have enough torque or isn't pretty enough. Until I found the Atom Ariel. Now I'm hooked. Looking for an Atom 3 300 with front and rear wings (yeah, i know, they don't do much... but i like the look).

Gage

Re: hello from Malibu, CA

Post by Gage » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:49 pm

Welcome to the forum!      Its always nice to meet another person who appreciates what automotive performance SHOULD be like. 

Between joking, talking about Ariel Atoms and so-called other cars, whining and nit-picking, then joking some more, this is a great forum and good group of people.  I hope you buy an Atom and get to know many of the Atom owners here. 

There is a huge Atom racing event happening in July at Laguna Seca if you want to see them in action.  There might even be a car or two for sale there.  It would be a great opportunity to take advantage of.

And there have got to be some Atom owners near Malibu.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 pm

[quote="Gage"]
Welcome to the forum!      Its always nice to meet another person who appreciates what automotive performance SHOULD be like. 

Between joking, talking about Ariel Atoms and so-called other cars, whining and nit-picking, then joking some more, this is a great forum and good group of people.   I hope you buy an Atom and get to know many of the Atom owners here. 

There is a huge Atom racing event happening in July at Laguna Seca if you want to see them in action.  There might even be a car or two for sale there.  It would be a great opportunity to take advantage of.

And there have got to be some Atom owners near Malibu.
[/quote]
Welcome Moto,
There's one owner in Malibu but he's not on here. Plenty of us drive through Malibu's back canyon roads often.
Supercars Sunday is a good place to meet some Atom owners as is Cars & coffee in Irvine. I should be at C&C this coming Saturday and happy to take a prospective new Atom Owner out for a quick "spin" in the passenger seat. Shinoo might tag along and he is the new CA Atom dealer, so it's a great venue if your really serious. You'd get to ride in a Honda powered UK Atom II, get to ride in Shinoo's US Ecotec Atom II and you could buy his Ecotec right on the spot as it's for sale or you could order your new 3 right from Shinoo (who can help you through the registration process).

What a deal! ;D

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:02 am

Hey Moto.

I'm probably one of the closest Atoms to you - I'm in the T.O. area.

I go to SuperCar Sunday most weekends - but this Sunday I'll be at the English Heritage car show in Woodley Park (Supelvida Dam area) - I happen to know that there will be an Atom there with wings.

Like Peter said, quite  a few cars around - and I'm always happy to give you a ride.

Nick.

Mota Leira

Post by Mota Leira » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:44 am

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome! Looking forward to meeting you soon. I've been to VCR a couple times, but never to C&C. I'll try to make it out to the car show you're describing by Woodley Park. Do you have an address for that?

Some day when I have my very own Atom I'll host an event out here in Malibu. As you know, there are some fun canyons here. Corral, Latigo, Decker...

Bill4LE

Post by Bill4LE » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Welcome! My name is Bill and I'm with Sector111. You picked a good time to be interested in the Ariel Atom and live in Southern California. Sector111 has just become the only Authorized Ariel Atom Sales & Service Center in CA. Give us a call and we'll help you get exactly what you're looking for!

41740 Enterprise Cir. N. Ste 101
Temecula, CA 92590
(951)296-6762

www.Sector111.com

Mota Leira

Post by Mota Leira » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Thanks Bill. Still trying to figure out exactly what options I want. Most of the reviews I've read/watched have been about the Honda engine, so I'm doing some research now on the GM engine. Also trying to get a better feel for the other options, like windshield, wings, brakes, suspension, wheels, etc etc.

Bill4LE

Post by Bill4LE » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:52 pm

You're welcome. Feel free to give us a call and we can help answer any questions you have. We've been Atom owners for about 3 years and love these cars.

(951)296-6762