Potential Newbie

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Mattv6

Re: Potential Newbie

Post by Mattv6 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:39 am

Congrats. Roads from Carlisle through Ullswater are fab or you could go the West Coast - Workington/whitehaven roads to Kendal then A6 to Lancaster then on to blackpool, Lythmn and Southport before hitting Chester. Great weather for it. Very Jealous as I'm in the office! Enjoy mate.

randlesf

Post by randlesf » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:39 am

I have now collected the car, left Carlisle around 1pm and headed down the A6. Called at my sister-laws in Shap, then went Shap-Orton-Tebay-Kendal-M6-Chester.

The weather was fantastic. I had a gentle drive down the M6, and I lost count of the number of cars passing me with the passengers filming me on their mobile phones.

I arrived in Chester, ditched the helmet and went to pick-up my daughter from work. The streets of Chester were full of racegoers, and the reactions I got from people was amazing. Everybody wanted to know about the car. At every set of lights, people were hanging out of car windows, it was surreal.
I did not realise how much the Atom is liked.

Today I am spending the day showing it off to all my friends & family, and tomorrow its an early start for a blast around north wales, and back to Chester for breakfast.

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:27 am

This must be amongst the best ever UK Atom collecting weather - have fun up in N Wales - I went up to the Evo Triangle after an Oulton trip and had a lot of fun but it wasn't in the mid 80's !!

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:11 am

You were indeed lucky with the wetter...it was pooring when i got mine!
You'll get used to the attention (and stupid questions like ' is it road legal' or 'is this a bike or a car' or 'is it fast')
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:07 pm

The attention is a bit  :o But then you are with a celebrity...... :tu:

Watch out for those Cheshire plod and your front numberplate, some aren't very keen on it

Welcome to Atom ownership :tu: