Hi to one and all

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Trigger

Re: Hi to one and all

Post by Trigger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:47 am

I have never got on with the hot Clios. Loved the idea but hated the driving posn, feel, flimsiness etc - but will have to go have another look I think.
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:56 am

[quote="Trigger"]
I have never got on with the hot Clios. Loved the idea but hated the driving posn, feel, flimsiness etc - but will have to go have another look I think.
[/quote]

The driving position is very very high, can easily be fixed with a new seat / mounting

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:49 am

John H needs his seat high, the short-arse....
Cheers, Hedge

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:15 am

The old clio racers were great fun.  A friend of mine (an old time Atom owner) used to race one and it was ace. 

The new ones are just bloated barges IMHO.  I'd rather buy an old 182 and strip and cage it than have one of these lardy new ones. 

RichardR

Post by RichardR » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:05 am

The Renaultsport Clio Cup racecars look like great fun - would seriously consider one if I didn't have the Atom. I imagine you've driven them at Palmersport Nathan.

Around £25k new  complete with wets/slicks, seq box etc. Faster in the twisties than an Atom and not much slower in a straight line.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:08 am

[quote="RichardR"]
The Renaultsport Clio Cup racecars look like great fun - would seriously consider one if I didn't have the Atom. I imagine you've driven them at Palmersport Nathan.
Around £25k new  complete with wets/slicks, seq box etc. Faster in the twisties than an Atom and not much slower in a straight line.
[/quote]

+1

Driven them twice at the PalmerSprt days. Very very quick and huge amounts of fun...
Weigh about as much as a bag of chips. As cheap as them, too. Mates of mine share one; cost <10k now.
Cheers, Hedge

wisp

Post by wisp » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:01 pm

[quote="deepdurks"]
The rum punch brigade are known affectionately by we 'chosen ones' as skimmers or 'targets' i am surprised a skimmer can afford an Atom!

[/quote]

Interesting names, we'd have called anyone that mixed anything with rum 'poofters'. But then there's probably not too many enlisted left that have sampled genuine navy rum. I think we were the last in the world to issue 'grog'.

I had a look around the USS Pintado (Balao class) once. Talk about flash, they had stairways instead of ladders. The bastards even had an ice cream machine on board.

Anyway....

Welcome Mark.

Enjoy your atom. After 3 years I'd like to say about mine "I'm lovin' it" but McDonalds might sue. It's true they are one of the best forms of fun you can have with your pants on.

deepdurks

Post by deepdurks » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:23 pm

Many thanks Wisp,
                        Ice cream machines are one thing, 24 hour Galley another, but they are deprived the ability to have a 'Cheery Beery' at the end of the day or even a nip of something special come 'sundowners'

I know whose Navy I Prefer. I myself missed the tot by five years but have been to many annual tot wakes (some of which i remember) to celebrate its importance.

Fair seas and a following wind
Yours aye Mark
3.5 300, MX5 and 16,000 tons of nuclear deterrent

Rob Evans

Post by Rob Evans » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Mark,

You should see the clubroom now.

Cheers,
Rob.
From Atom 2 245 to Atom 4 350, via Atom 3 300 and Atom 3.5 310

John H

Post by John H » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:47 pm

[quote="Hedge"]

IMO.
Cheers, Hedge
[/quote]
which I already told you is a load of old testicles

John H

Post by John H » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:48 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
I have been in the previous 'hot' Clios and they are very capable little cars.  The trim was mostly falling off them mind you
[/quote]
I'll be taking it off of mine

John H

Post by John H » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:49 pm

[quote="Mr.Toad"]
The old clio racers were great fun.  A friend of mine (an old time Atom owner) used to race one and it was ace. 

The new ones are just bloated barges IMHO.  I'd rather buy an old 182 and strip and cage it than have one of these lardy new ones. 
[/quote]
hence getting the stripped down cup version fatso init!

John H

Post by John H » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:51 pm

all of these are sat outside my warehouse now and all will be gone by the end of next week...................how depressing.
Looking forward to cycling though I must say.
Attachments
IMG_0581-2.JPG

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:54 pm

[quote="RichardR"]

[/quote]

Yes plus a series race version owned by a friend.  This was running "better" set up than the palmer ones and full race slicks and was awesome in corners and under braking.  I also think that the LPG palmer cars are less pokey. 

John H

Post by John H » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:51 pm

[quote="Mr.Toad"]
[quote="RichardR"]

[/quote]

Yes plus a series race version owned by a friend.  This was running "better" set up than the palmer ones and full race slicks and was awesome in corners and under braking.  I also think that the LPG palmer cars are less pokey. 
[/quote]
there was a guy in a standard 197 clio with slicks at Mallory a few weeks ago and it was insanely fast through gerards....................my back end was sliding away and he went absolutely flying past me