New Potential Owner - Atom 4 - Denver, CO

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
skyfx

New Potential Owner - Atom 4 - Denver, CO

Post by skyfx » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:01 am

Hi all,

I'm seriously considering the purchase of an Atom 4. Attached is the spec I have come up with using the arielna.com website (specially, https://www.arielna.com/arielatom-4-pricing). I was hoping the community could chime in and let me know if there are any other options I should consider (e.g., the suspension upgrade or wing package) or ones I should consider removing, given that I plan to split my time between road and track use. Appreciate any insights you can share :)

I saw that there is a specific forum for state registrations which also lists individuals who have successfully registered their vehicles in the various states. The posts in that forum are quite old (2007) and only one person in Colorado is listed (Bottoz, who no longer appears to be a user). If there is anyone else from Colorado who has gone through the registration process, I would appreciate any insights you can share!

Finally, I'd love to hear peoples' experiences working with the folks at TMI Autotech. I had originally sent them a number of questions to their general info inbox and never heard back, which was a little disconcerting.

Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot_20210630-195407_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20210630-195407_Drive.jpg (182.89 KiB) Viewed 1522 times

wasp

Re: New Potential Owner - Atom 4 - Denver, CO

Post by wasp » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:52 am

The way your options work are different from the UK but your specification looks very good.

The one thing that I'd advise is to go for the better suspension. You only seem to be offered the Bilstein MDS as an upgrade which you'll really, really want for track use. Here in the UK we also have an Ohlins option which is more expensive again but worth every penny.

We also get the option of adding carbon fibre sections individually, not just as a package. If they will do just the carbon dash, then that's a really nice thing to see every time you get in the car. That said it's only about $350 dollars at build here.

Chers,
Stu

skyfx

Post by skyfx » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:41 pm

wasp wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:52 am The way your options work are different from the UK but your specification looks very good.

The one thing that I'd advise is to go for the better suspension. You only seem to be offered the Bilstein MDS as an upgrade which you'll really, really want for track use. Here in the UK we also have an Ohlins option which is more expensive again but worth every penny.

We also get the option of adding carbon fibre sections individually, not just as a package. If they will do just the carbon dash, then that's a really nice thing to see every time you get in the car. That said it's only about $350 dollars at build here.

Chers,
Stu
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! They do have a "carbon fiber instrument surround" option here that's $995. I assume that's the same as the carbon dash that you alluded to. I've asked for a picture of what it looks like and will share it here if I get a copy. Would you alternatively have a pic of what it looks like?

EDIT: Attached is the picture I was provided.
Attachments
Ariel_Atom_4_CF_Instrument_Surround.jpg
Ariel_Atom_4_CF_Instrument_Surround.jpg (110.26 KiB) Viewed 1479 times

nbj81

Post by nbj81 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:52 pm

Did you end up placing an order? I am near Denver and also working through my (potential) spec.

skyfx

Post by skyfx » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:24 pm

nbj81 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:52 pm Did you end up placing an order? I am near Denver and also working through my (potential) spec.
Yup, I sure did :). I was told there is a 4-6 month wait list and a 6 month build process, so I am hoping to take delivery in Q3 2022 at the latest! Let me know if you have any questions.