Hi from Australia

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
megzz

Hi from Australia

Post by megzz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:32 am

Hey guys, I am in Australia and just joined the forum. I don't own an Atom yet but I will! Not holding my breath for a road registration - I'll be happy to have a track only atom.
For now i just want to build some knowledge on this car while I'm saving.

Can anyone point in the right direction in regards to buying an un built/partial built Atom so I can put it together myself?

Steve

speedmachine

Re: Hi from Australia

Post by speedmachine » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:52 am

Hi welcome,

Someone will certainly correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can't buy Atoms partially build, unless someone wrecked one, than it's in parts...

The only company who gets partial build Atoms is TMI in the States as they build in license for Ariel, if I'm correct.

I would say, buy a nice used right hand drive UK Atom and your done. Sometimes though, they are cheaper in Europe's main country. They should be more expensive as the registrations are more difficult to get and taxes are higher, but they don't have as much attention as them crazy Englishman give it...So you get nice results by just offering some money "if" there is one for sale there. (I know a nice 400 hp Atom here on the forum for a good price)
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:44 am

I have never understood why it's OK to drive a bonkers ford or holden but not to have an Ariel Atom on the streets in Australia.

Having said that, I have seen one on the road - not sure it was legal, though.

Your best bet is to move to New Zealand.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 am

http://www.autogespot.com/ariel-atom/2008/11/15

here is a Australian registered car, maybe you can contact this club which is mentioned on the side of his car and get in touch with this fella, if you would like to get it registered at all!
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

megzz

Post by megzz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:02 am

Thanks guys.
Unfortunately that was on a 12 hours temporary rego and that company no longer exits!

Buying from the UK will prob be by best option which I am looking into