Atom for sale - build slot available

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
kiwi

Atom for sale - build slot available

Post by kiwi » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:08 pm

A year ago I paid a deposit for an Atom build slot that has now come due. Unfortunately, as a result of an international relocation, I am unable to uplift the car.
Of course Atom have a policy of no refund of any deposit paid and my only recourse is to proceed with an order and on-sell the vehicle.

Tom Siebert advised "Unfortunately we do operate a policy of not
making cancellations on cars or returning deposits once orders have been
confirmed otherwise we get in a very difficult situation with scheduling,
lead times and so forth.

Naturally we do not want to penalise customers and our approach would be to
call this a temporary cancellation and not insist you go through with the
order, while holding your deposit on account for 12 months while the ADRs
are being completed so that at any time during that period you can re-start
the order for the car.  If at the end of the period you still don't want a
car then we will cancel it completely.

I'm afraid that the build slots are also non-transferable as if you could
sell your slot we would have problems with speculators given the demand for
the Atom, making it very difficult for genuine customers to get hold of a
car. 

The other alternative given demand for the car is to progress the order,
take delivery of the car then sell it immediately".

Tom has afforded me a few days to get the specification to him and I want to offer this opportunity to a prospective Atom buyer.

My preference is to have the buyer take over the specification of the vehicle under a power of attorney (Tom insists that I remain the contractual counterparty) however the structure of the transaction can be discussed further.

I am currently based in Australia and can be contacted via steve_hodgson@mac.com or by phone +61 438 737 005 (Brisbane is 9 hours ahead of the UK).

Regards

Steve

John Lloyd

Re: Atom for sale - build slot available

Post by John Lloyd » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Great post, I wish you luck.  Not sure how these things work now, but if I "jump" the queue and buy your car what's the due date?

kiwi

Post by kiwi » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:57 pm

I understand the timing to be within 8 weeks if Ariel can receive the specification by next week. 

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:23 am

[quote="John Lloyd"]
Great post, I wish you luck.  Not sure how these things work now, but if I "jump" the queue and buy your car what's the due date?
[/quote]

Are you sure you could handle that?  I mean, all of those shiny new parts and such?  You might have to hire bolus to help you keep it spic and span...

morgy

Post by morgy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:45 pm

Your not thinking about buying a new car john are you???  :o

you will have to keep it clean you know ;D ie soap and water you do remember that stuff do you ;)

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:54 pm

[quote="morgy"]
Your not thinking about buying a new car john are you???  :o

you will have to keep it clean you know ;D ie soap and water you do remember that stuff do you ;)
[/quote]

I'd love to, but the shock of all that clean metal and the car actually working would kill me ;D  It was more to help the post along to give others an idea of how soon they could expect their Atom.  Sounds like a nice Christmas present for someone.