Atom 3 300 for sale - SOLD

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
Dave Fellows

Atom 3 300 for sale - SOLD

Post by Dave Fellows » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm going to have to sell my beloved Atom. I'm out of here first quarter next year and my work situation has changed a bit recently so regretably it makes sense for me to sell.

The car was collected Novemeber 07. It's now done about 5500miles. It's a 300 with fully adjustable suspension and Alcons on the front and plenty of other options ticked. It's been back to the factory regularly for servicing. PM me if you're interested and I'll supply the full spec sheet (current new price is £44k). Alternatively call on 07789004827

Pics here:
http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,6177.0.html

Cheers,
Dave.
Last edited by Dave Fellows on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob McPherson

Re: Atom 3 300 for sale

Post by Rob McPherson » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:51 pm

My condolences. I know when I sold mine to go abroad it was heartbreaking....  :'( , although i could console myself with the fact that I had a new one on order. I think yours is one of the nicest ones i've seen. Great colour combo. Flash, but subtle at the same time...  8). It finished the car to perfection.

Will you ever return to the fold....?

Dave Fellows

Post by Dave Fellows » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:52 pm

[quote="Rob McPherson"]
My condolences. I know when I sold mine to go abroad it was heartbreaking....  :'( , although i could console myself with the fact that I had a new one on order. I think yours is one of the nicest ones i've seen. Great colour combo. Flash, but subtle at the same time...  8). It finished the car to perfection.

Will you ever return to the fold....?
[/quote]

Hi Rob, cheers for the appreciative comments. I will miss her dearly. Unfortunately my brain has overridden my heart on this occasion which is a rear moment indeed. Once I'm back in NZ I will consider another Atom although the market there is non-existent compared to here, as such the lack of resale-ability will need to be considered.

I'm tempted to keep her until the end of the warm weather however I'm aware selling in the next month or two offers a more attractive proposition for any potential buyer. That said, I had a fantastic time over the winter with the car. Went to plenty of track days and there's still ample clear, sunny days for road trips.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:55 pm

Gutted.

You have to have another one, Dave. You're one of the real hardcore, true enthusiasts. You really get/ understand what the Atom's all about.

And you can drive the nuts off it  :tu:

Cheers, Hedge

Dave Fellows

Post by Dave Fellows » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:06 pm

Thanks Hedge, it's people like you, Bruce, John, Richard, Steve, Andy, Nick etc that will make me an even sadder man once she's gone! I lied awake most of last night pondering this decision.

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14 pm

So youre heading back here then?
Whereabouts?

I am sure Wisp and I can accommodate your Atom fixes...

Dave Fellows

Post by Dave Fellows » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:29 pm

[quote="apollyon25"]
So youre heading back here then?
Whereabouts?

I am sure Wisp and I can accommodate your Atom fixes...

[/quote]

Back to Wellington however I'm sure an occasional trip to JAFA land ;) to visit you guys for a 'fix' will definitely be in order.

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:35 pm

No chance of taking it with huh? Damn! That sux!  :(

Good luck on the move either way.

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:36 am

Bummer about having to sell it...

My little brother is in Wellington... so I try to visit often...

Nick Wright

Post by Nick Wright » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:31 pm

Dave

Sorry to hear you are going - will you get chance for any more outings before the car has to go?

All the best

Nick

Dave Fellows

Post by Dave Fellows » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:35 pm

[quote="Nick Wright"]
Dave

Sorry to hear you are going - will you get chance for any more outings before the car has to go?

All the best

Nick
[/quote]

Depends on how fast it sells I guess. If I get a good offer then I'll take it. Keen for at least a few more outings in it though.

Cheers

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:25 pm

Dave,

Sorry you're selling.  I was there the day you picked the car up.  It was great to meet you and I've not seen enough of you since.

If you get one in NZ I want a ride when I come over in 2011 for the rugby world cup.

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:04 am

Dave,

Very sorry to have read this, as Hedge says you seemed to be a man that enjoyed his car to the full and used it to the full I have to say.

It was good to have met you.

Good Luck,

Alan
Last edited by AlanP on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

Dave Fellows

Post by Dave Fellows » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:12 am

[quote="John Lloyd"]
Dave,

Sorry you're selling.  I was there the day you picked the car up.  It was great to meet you and I've not seen enough of you since.

If you get one in NZ I want a ride when I come over in 2011 for the rugby world cup.
[/quote]

Absolutely John, you'll have to look me up anyway so I can take you out for a beer. Do you like boats? Can take you out sailing in Wellington Harbour.

davefellows at gmail dot com

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Post by Steve Gibson » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:37 pm

That's a bit sad. I thought we had another hardcore trackster with us for a while.  :-[

You can take the Kiwi out of the Atom, but you can't take the Atom out of...
First Atomised 2001.
Atom (165) > Atom 2 (220) > Atom 3 (300) > Atom 3.5 (310) > Atom 4 (350).
There is no cure.