Red framed AtomFest Special on eBay

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
1965Cobra427

Red framed AtomFest Special on eBay

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:11 am

When I ordered this car, I knew I would sell it some time after AtomFest. One of the reasons I purchased it was that back in December 06, I was not at all sure how many Atoms would attend AtomFest and I had made some committments to folks that Atoms would be available to drive. Anyone who attended AtomFest knows than many generous Atom owners made sure that our friends from accross the pond had not one, but several Atoms to choose from to drive on the track and even down to Sonic on Friday night. Thanks to all for that!

Back to the unhappy moment of announcing that the time is approaching for my red framed beauty to go. I really expect to offer it broadly after Spring comes, but thought I'd post it here in advance, so if anyone is interested, you'll have first shot.

The chassis number ends in "100" and of course I have serial number 100 AtomFest coin to go with it. In addition to being red, the frame is one of the rare units with the "Atom 3" style pattern in the diagional tubing on the sides of the car.

Equipment includes:

245 HP Ecotec with molded intake, remote oil filter/cooler, full stainless exhaust system with no flex joint in the cat position (cat is included in the box). I also have a brand new muffler so the new owner can make his/her own heat patterns on it. The car has of course an Atom red frame and suspension, and carbon fiber as follows:

Nose, bonnet, air intake & cover, cowl, instrument panel, center console, forward engine cover and tea tray and of course the beautiful aero package.

The race mirrors are not cf, but they work much better than the stock round ones. Other equipment includes the roll bar, Sparco seats, 3" belts with race pads, track (Wilwood) brake package with brake bias adjuster and electrical disconnect.

The chassis features black anodized aluminum billet rockers and standard springs. A billet shift knob and 12 vdc outlet are included.

Additional/optional items were purchased with the car and are available including

Black 12 spoke Team Dyanmics wheels and/or Dymags

Two steering wheels, one with and one without the shift light features. One quick disconnect unit. Traqmate system installed and operational.

Additional fiberglass body parts including: cowl, nose, bonnet, air intake and cover (red), engine forward cover and tea tray.

The car was ordered with clear side panels which I have, but have never mounted.

This car is featured in the AtomFest calendar, a copy of which will be included in the sale.

I will be asking $95 k for the car including all of the above listed items and options.

I can trailer the car (no charge) to the Western states this summer during our "West Coast Adventure" if desired. Other delivery arrangements are negotiable.

-Randy
Last edited by 1965Cobra427 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

positron

Re: Red framed AtomFest Special -- :( for sale

Post by positron » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:22 am

WHAT A GUY! Bought a car for those who did not have a car to bring.. All those in favor of Randy to be President and CEO of new Atom Company, say AYE...

Huzzah Randy!

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:58 am

Boy, if ever there was an urge to buy a 2nd Atom! :laugh: Don't I wish!

Between this one and the all gold/carbon fiber Atom, there are some really hot, top spec, cars in the market these days. Of course this one is $35k cheaper!

Good luck with your sale, Randy, and thanks for making this car a reality for AtomFest.

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:33 am

Randy, it may well say elsewhere on the forum, but can you say what your reason for the sale is and if you will stay within the Atom fold?
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:22 pm

[quote="Richard Marler"]
Randy, it may well say elsewhere on the forum, but can you say what your reason for the sale is and if you will stay within the Atom fold?
[/quote]

Yes, the reason is that I have 2 Atoms and am working to take the first one (shown below with the car for sale) to a higher spec. My plans are not complete at this point, but include a significant dose of horsepower and maybe some chassis reinforcement to handle it. Mods to the cooling system to handle the extra heat of big HP is also in our sights. This car was purchased originally with the expectation of resale as described above. It is one sweet ride and believe me, it has been hard to decide which car to let go. After all is said and done, the other car has seen LOTS of track time and abuse, and although it has had great service and repair as needed, it made more sense to me to sell the beauty and keep the beast.

BTW, the silver C6 is already gone, replaced by a black-on-black '08 Z06

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:23 pm

Randy,

If only I had the money to have a USA built Atom in my collection (of one!).  It's a great looking car and the photos do not do it justice, it is sooooo sexy in the flesh.

Atomfest!  What a great event, so many happy memories and some horrible flash backs that I wake up from in the middle of the night.  ;) :D

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:26 am

Initially when I saw the red frame by itself in a pic that Brammo mistakenly sent me I was not too keen on it, but seen it in the flesh so to speak with the carbon fiber panels on it...WOW. It looks awesome.
On a side note. Randy, you might not hold on to your new Vette that long once this monster comes to market???
"This is it. The speculation, rumors and half-truths can now be set aside -- this is the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, officially revealed for all the world to see. Powered by a supercharged LS9 6.2L small-block engine, the ZR1 hasn't even received an official horsepower number from the engineers toiling away at the General. All Harlan Charles, project manager for the Corvette team was able to tell us last week was the new high-powered 'Vette engine is "capable of producing at least 100 horsepower per liter. That's at least 620 horsepower, and approximately 595 lb.-ft. of torque." Chevrolet wasn't even able to give us a time on the 0-60. Charles was only willing to say "it's in the low three seconds." The small-block engine under the hood is only able to hit those massive numbers due to the addition of the positive-displacement Roots-type supercharger with a new, four-lobe rotor design plus an integrated charge cooling system that reduces inlet air temperature for increased performance. That's the "go" end, but the "whoa" end is just as impressive. The ZR1 gets some simply huge carbon-ceramic, drilled disc brake rotors. They're so big and are required to be so powerful they're using the same 15-inch-diameter discs found on the front of a Ferrari 599. Except on the ZR1, they go on the 20" tires in the rear. In the front, they'll be getting even larger 15.5-inch-diameter rotors. Yup, they're simply breathtaking to see up-close."
Attachments
2009 Corvette ZR1 Official.jpg
2009 Corvette ZR1 Official.jpg (102.85 KiB) Viewed 1351 times

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:21 pm

How would it work if someone from the UK bought it and then wanted to keep and drive it in the US without having a residence there?
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:12 am

They could store it at my place. :)

You'd likely just have to license it and have proper tags and insurance. Your drivers license I think is already recognized if not getting one is not a big deal. A PO Box, a place to store it and you shouldn't need much else.

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:07 am

[quote="Driver"]
[/quote]

That had already crossed my mind when I asked the question.  ;)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:51 am

ZO6 is lighter and more agile than the ZR-1.

Damn.Could you imagine having Randys Red Atom and the Gold Atom in one place?

WOOF!

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:31 am

[quote="Alec"]
[quote="Driver"]
[/quote]

That had already crossed my mind when I asked the question.  ;) [/quote]

There's even a 1.8 mile track similiar to Hallett 25 mins from here. Harris Hill Road. H2R Members can run it at any time. Not that common in Texas, there's only one more I know of and it's near Ft Worth 4 hours away. Hallett is about 8 hrs. But there are lots of curvy roads around Austin, they don't call this part of Texas "The Hill Country" for nothing. C'mon you know you want to do it. :)

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:10 pm

[quote="Driver"]
[quote="Alec"]
[quote="Driver"]
[/quote]

There's even a 1.8 mile track similiar to Hallett 25 mins from here. Harris Hill Road. H2R Members can run it at any time. Not that common in Texas, there's only one more I know of and it's near Ft Worth 4 hours away. Hallett is about 8 hrs. But there are lots of curvy roads around Austin, they don't call this part of Texas "The Hill Country" for nothing. C'mon you know you want to do it. :)
[/quote]

I have a feeling there's an ulterior motive here somewhere.  ;D

I've just been given an alternative option for storage if I was to buy it so I'll have to give this some serious thought as it is definitely a tempting idea.  :-\

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:58 am

Regardless, Alec, if you were to buy it and store it anywhere in the US, or even if you were not to buy it, make sure to drop by anytime you are in the area and I'll show you some of the Hill Country and local joints. Mi Casa, su casa.

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:03 am

[quote="Alec"]
[quote="Driver"]
[quote="Alec"]
[quote="Driver"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have a feeling there's an ulterior motive here somewhere.  ;D

I've just been given an alternative option for storage if I was to buy it so I'll have to give this some serious thought as it is definitely a tempting idea.  :-\
[/quote]

You know, I'll have an extra spot in my trailer, so I could tote it all over the country for you with the motorhome!  Your Atom could have either the top or bottom bunk.  Driver and I would keep a close eye on it for you!  :D