Not wanted anymore as I got one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
John H

Not wanted anymore as I got one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by John H » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:38 am

Got one, thanks for all the advice chaps.
Last edited by John H on Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drinks

Re: Wanted atom 245

Post by Drinks » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:32 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum
Have you been in contact with Piers?
http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,6006.0.html

John H

Post by John H » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:40 pm

thanks,
Yep, emailed him today, but to be honest, his is a wee bit more than I really want to spend, even though it
is a great example. I know he isn't interested in offers so I won't waste his time by going down that road, but you never know.............he might have overspent at xmas.
I actually have never driven an atom, but that isn't really so surprising as not many people have them for one, and if they do they don't tend to offer them to all to try.
My background is in motorcycle trials and a lot of rallying when I was growing up in Scotland.
If you do hear of any others that might be for sale, give me a shout.
Happy xmas
JH

swissatom

Post by swissatom » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:40 am

Hi John,

I have a 245 that I keep changing my mind on as to whether to sell it, keep it or sell it and order a new one (its a hard decision where logic doesn't always prevail). Its UK registered and I had it built with an ambidextrous chassis that so far has always been set up for LHD but the factory say they can change it over in about 4 hours to RHD. The car is in south west Switzerland just over the Grand Saint Bernard Pass from Italy. I'd need to do some checking before I gave you a final price but I suspect it would be more than Piers' as its a higher spec. IM me if you want more details.

Good luck finding a car, they are great in the mountains,

Clive

John H

Post by John H » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:45 am

Hi Clive,
Cheers for the reply and happy new year.
If you can get back to me with a price I can make an informed decision I guess, but I'm not sure I want to go much over 30k otherwise my girlfriend will castrate me or demand an Aston Martin for her next set of wheels, neither of which is particularly palatable.
Any pics or spec list anywhere on the net I could check out?
Cheers
JH

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:17 pm

You might want to speak to Tom at the factory as many of the cars sold in the UK go through them.  My 220 will be for sale with them in a month or so.  I popped a post in the for sale section a while ago with some details, or you can pm me if you are interested. 

John H

Post by John H » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi mate,
I may well be interested in your 220 as most of the guys with 245's are looking for well in excess of 30k.
Where can I have a look at the details etc?
thanks
JH

Alec

Post by Alec » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:07 pm

[quote="John H"]
Hi mate,
I may well be interested in your 220 as most of the guys with 245's are looking for well in excess of 30k.
Where can I have a look at the details etc?
thanks
JH
[/quote]

Details of Nathan's (Mr.Toad) 220 is 'Here'.  :tu:
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:10 pm

Thanks Alex.   

Alec

Post by Alec » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:16 pm

Also John, you've mentioned growing up in Scotland and now living in London, but if you read this Here it tells you how to put your present location into your Avatar so that people can see immediately where your posting from.  :tu:
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

swissatom

Post by swissatom » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi John, it was 38.5k new so certainly well over 30k now i'm afraid. Sorry, good luck though

Clive

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:00 am

2nd hand Atoms - Rarer than hens teeth and they hold their value well.

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:18 am

[quote="John Lloyd"]
2nd hand Atoms - Rarer than hens teeth and they hold their value well.
[/quote]

That statement might be truer than you thought.

'Hens' teeth not so rare after all'

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:29 am

Perhaps rocking horse sh1t is more rare  ;D

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:14 am

[quote="AtomFun"]
Perhaps rocking horse sh1t is more rare  ;D
[/quote]

If you're after some, you can buy it online Here:tu: