Was that yours Rocket Man?

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
mapes

Was that yours Rocket Man?

Post by mapes » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:38 pm

Rocket Man is that your old Atom just appeared on Ebay?
Atom 2 160

Linus86

Re: Was that yours Rocket Man?

Post by Linus86 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Sure is ! Looks so good in them colours !!

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:36 pm

Yes that was my car. Bought new by Stupot in green then owned by me and I did the gulf colours on it and the orange belts and my own design custom mirrors. I want another but with full orange chassis and gulf colours. When the Porsche goes it will be the time

Y car looks good but that is a lot of money for a 160. I think it should be more like 23k in my opinion
Last edited by Rocket Man on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Studley

Post by Lord Studley » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:48 pm

How much does a re spray like that cost? If you don't mind me asking

Chris

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:12 pm

was not bad, about 700, it was not the best quality but i am very fussy with detail. i did not want to spend too much but i would not have used that company on a newer car, at the time it was an 8 yr old car. from 2 ft away the paint looks good tho

Lord Studley

Post by Lord Studley » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:23 pm

Certainly looks the dogs danglelys in the pictures.  :drool:

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:34 pm

it is a cracker, it won best maintained car at AtomX when it was owned by stuart, a true credit to his maintenance. to paint fiberglas to a show finish costs a lot especialy with 8yr old panels. my next one will be painted from new. it will be a good buy for someone but not at that price, perhaps in 10 yreas you expect to pay that for a 160. i just loved those mirrors i fitted, they worked so well and matched the style of the car. i always felt the standard mirrors just do not look right but that is just me. the standard mirrors were the only thing i did not like on the Atom
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg (0 Bytes) Viewed 708 times
Last edited by Rocket Man on Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:41 pm

See this link for pictures/story when Stu sold it - Cleaner than when it left the factory  :tu:

http://www.atomclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,12177.0.html
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:43 pm

This was the Brammo Gulf-inspired Atom ..
Attachments
GulfBrammoAtom.JPG
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Lord Studley

Post by Lord Studley » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:40 pm

Knew I should of stuck to the original choice of orange, would of made the re spray cheaper. Lol

mapes

Post by mapes » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:15 pm

Noticed the rubber stoppers on the back of the seats, to stop chaffing the air intake U tube. Are they door stoppers and did you just glue them on? My seats have rubbed away some paint on the tube, cos my dangly legs mean I need to have the seat all the way back...
Atom 2 160

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:51 pm

I had the same problem with the paint rubbing off. I put some silver carbon wrap around the tubes with the join at the back were you could not see it then fitted the bungs to the back of the seats and also some on top of the tubes inbetween the seats on top of the tubes on the tunel. the front ones stopped the seats rocking backwards and forwards with throte movement.
i used a thick stif foam that i cut for the front into squares and a round hole cutter to cut circles for behind the seats. I then glued them in place with a bit of evostick.
It all worked very well and i was very pleased with the efect it had making the seat more rigid
Before i fitted the foam there was a lot of seat flexing causing kangarooing when you hit a bumpy road caused by your seat flexing and your leg jerking. The foam stopped all that
Last edited by Rocket Man on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.