Atom Cup Car 44 For Sale

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
Richard Marler
Administrator

Atom Cup Car 44 For Sale

Post by Richard Marler » Tue May 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi. Due to us having had our second son, I don't think I am going to get much time for racing this year and, as such, I am putting my Atom Cup car up for sale.

Summary
The car has raced successfully in two season of Atom Cup. It has 7,431 miles. It has been maintained by Ariel and Atom Racing, with regular gearbox and engine oil changes. The car is road registered and comes (if the buyer wants them) with the 3.5 road lights. These are brand new, never fitted.

If you want to race, then Atom Racing (ARL) are offering to waive the registration fee for this year's series to the buyer of this car.

I am looking for approximately £32k, depending on what spares the buyer wants. New price for an Atom Cup car is £36k plus VAT, plus the IVA and Road Pack, making the new price for this car £45k.

Detail

The car is a standard Atom Cup car, which means that it is 245bhp N/A, with welder roll-over protection, ohlin dampers, alcons all round, etc. All the things you would expect to go racing. It is unmodified, so eligible for this year's series. If you are not planning on racing, then this is about the most track focused production Atom you can buy.

I paid to have the car road registered, but have done almost no road miles on it. So it has the road pack, including removable number plate and 3.5 projector lights. It also has the polished silencer.

I have a unused bonnet that can be included in the sale, as well as 6 rear and 2 front spare wheels.

The car is currently at ARL HQ in Milton Keynes, where it can be rented for a test or track day. This is probably the best way of you finding out if a Cup car is for you.

That's it for now. I am not sure how many people will come along that will be interested in racing or this track focused a car. Let me know if you have any questions.

Pictures

In the first image 44 is the black car on the right. This was us testing in Spain

In the second image, this is me catching air on the mountain at Cadwell
Attachments
DSC_3735.jpg
DSC_3224.jpg
Last edited by Richard Marler on Tue May 05, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Re: Atom Cup Car 44 For Sale

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Tue May 05, 2015 8:23 pm

That seems like a decent price for the spec Richard. I don't think you'll have it around for long. I know it's been raced but with regular maintenance as you have described I'm sure it's in decent condition.

Good luck with the sale...
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

Andrew300

Post by Andrew300 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:02 pm

That won't hang around long at that price....
Ariel Nomad,Toyota GT86 and a T5 work horse ,oh and a 4x4 for winter

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Thu May 07, 2015 11:08 am

Thanks for the kind comments guys. The price is good, but Cup cars are not going to be as easy to sell as normal Atoms. They have been looked after well, but these are not cars for 'polishers'. If you know what you are looking at, I think you can grab yourself a bit of a bargain, but mainly these will go to people that want to make the step up from track days to racing.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.