UK Surrey based Atom 2 245 for sale - £22,500

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
Karl V

UK Surrey based Atom 2 245 for sale - £22,500

Post by Karl V » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Happy New Year everyone.

2013 will be a time for change in our house, hence this sad post.

I am the second owner of this car and have covered about 9,000 miles in it.

This car was in need of some TLC when I bought it almost 3 years ago. Since then, I have spent about £9,000 with the factory on:

- New steering rack, UJs, engine mounts
- A worn wheel bearing
- New throttle body, temp and throttle sensors
- New radiator, fuel tank and wheels
- Complete rod end replacement and wheel alignment
- All 4 shock absorbers reworked by Bilsten
- Replaced all serviceable items such as sparkplugs, brake fluid, air filter, fuel filter, gearbox oil, clutch fluid, coolant etc.

A lot of work I know, but this car has been my passion over the past 3 years and it is now in tip top condition and drives like an absolute dream.

Sadly the house now needs some of the TLC that I have shown this car over the past few years and without wanting to give any money to the merchant bankers to secure a loan, a reluctant sale is in order replace the 20 year old gas boiler, a few rotting window and door frames and of course that new kitchen that the missus keeps banging on about…

So, the low down on my beloved toy:

- Atom 2 245BHP, 55 Plate, Silver / Yellow
- Road Pack
- 6 Speed Gearbox
- Limited Slip Differential             
- Stainless exhaust silencer
- A 'big bore' exhaust silencer if you like extra noise (I got my kicks from the N/A induction roar)
- Catalytic Converter Bypass Pipe (the Cat is included in case you don’t find a friendly MOT centre…)
- Removable quick release steering wheel
- Wired in battery trickle charger for those winter months
- Competition rod ends
- Dynamag black wheels with Yokohama A048 rubber (on the car)
- Technomagnesio silver wheels & Toyo Proxy rubber (as ‘spares’)         
- Locking Fuel Cap                 
- Atom 3 Anti-Slip Seats (there was a second hand one going at the factory and the 3 seat grips better - IMHO)
- Aluminium Gear Knob / Handbrake Grip
- 2" 'Road Legal' Belts
- Clear lenses
- Motrax Mirrors
- A collection of helmets and goggles if you want them…??? But if you don't mind, I'll keep the thermal underwear.

The last factory service (4,500 mile service) was August 2012 (£2,000). She has covered 21,500 miles (mostly road since registered and all road since I’ve owned it). MOT until November 2013. Tax until August 2013.

Asking price: £22,500. Please note – I am in no rush to sell my little girl and buy the missus a new kitchen. You have been warned...

Based in Epsom, Surrey - but sometimes spotted trawling the South Coast; if the weather is nice.

Karl

Karl V

Re: UK Surrey based Atom 2 245 for sale - £22,500

Post by Karl V » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Pic 1
Attachments
DSC_5169.JPG

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Pic 2
Attachments
DSC_5175.JPG

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:19 pm

Hey guys.

I've received quite a lot of PMs on this car - thanks.

I've also received a few queries about why so much work has been done and what is wrong with it, so here goes...
  • Steering rack - I received the car with a bit of play in the steering. The rack cannot be 'tightened' like it can on a Mondeo, so it had a new one with new Universal Joints.
  • Radiator - A stone hit the radiator and caused a leak. I didn't want to pour a bottle of RadWeld into the cooling system – that would be wrong - so it had a new radiator.
  • Track rod ends and a wheel bearing - normal wear and tear and recommended to be replaced by the factory.
  • The throttle body, temp and throttle sensors were slight upgrades, together with an engine crank case breather - not 100% necessary, but suddenly I was getting 200 miles to the tank whereas before I was averaging 120/130. Oh, and the induction noise with that crank case breather - love it!
  • The shock absorbers started to become 'tight' so I had all 4 reworked by Bilstein at the same time that the bell crank joints were stripped down, greased and refitted.
  • The new wheels were because they are black and I felt they looked better. I still have the 4 original silver wheels with tyres if anyone wants them.
  • The fuel tank was weird though. For some reason it just started to leak slightly. The factory put it down to a weak weld joint (?)
And on the question of what's wrong with it? - plenty!

It’s not a V8. It doesn't have LED lights. It doesn't have a fancy digital dash.

There is nothing to hide about this car. If something could have been improved or fixed (like adding Atom 3 seats for no apparent reason) then it generally was.

And yes, I do have a copy of the 'Unofficial  Atom Owners Manual' as produced by the club, although I have filled in a lot of detail in the Service History section, so I can't claim it to be in mint condition.

Hope that is useful. Happy to answer any other questions.

Ta.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:17 pm

[quote="IonMan"]

And yes, I do have a copy of the 'Unofficial  Atom Owners Manual' as produced by the club, although I have filled in a lot of detail in the Service History section, so I can't claim it to be in mint condition.

[/quote]

I have some spare for sale if you want one...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

victorholz

Post by victorholz » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi
My name is Victor.
I wonder if you still have your Atom and want to sell it to me ?
Ive never been in this forum before, but I´m serious about this.
If I can buy it I can transfer money today, and come and pick it up at the end of this month.
Best regards

Victor / Sweden

victorholz

Post by victorholz » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:37 am

I don´t know if my message came thru.?
Is it possible I can call you ?
Because im terrible with mail and computers.
If I can could you please sms your number so I can get back asap

Best regards Victor

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi Victor,

I've sent Karl a Personal Message that you are looking to contact him ..

..although I see from the forum statistics that he was active this morning, so he may already have been in contact with you?

Thanks ..
John
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold