2008 Roush 450 HP Ecotec Atom for Sale

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
Atilla39

2008 Roush 450 HP Ecotec Atom for Sale

Post by Atilla39 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:23 am

FOR SALE
2008 400 HP Roush / Brammo Ariel Atom
Less then 500 Miles total
Pristine Condition – Driven at NJMSP 9/16/12 – 145 MPH

Photo Site @ Google:  34 Pictures

https://picasaweb.google.com/1064512960 ... tomForSale#

Chassis:

2008 Atom w/ stage 3 Ecotec Engine from Brammo
Delivered Factory Stock with every option ( except fire extinguisher  )
400 HP GM LSJ Ecotec 2.0 L engine as Upgraded and installed by Roush
Full Brammo Rear & Front Aero Wing Package
Master Shift Paddle Shifter Installed
Alcon 4 piston F&R Race Brake Package – 11” 2 piece rotors F&R
Koni 2812;  2-way dial adjustable Race Coil Over Suspension Package 4 X
Red Vinyl covered Lexan Side Panels
Inconel & Stainless Custom Exhaust
Cool shirt system and electrics
Upgraded Braille Battery – B2015 – 1070 Pulse cranking amps – 21 Amp  reserve
6 Qt. Header – surge tank for Inter-cooler system
Full Body Mil Spec Temper foam endurance seat cushions – both seats ( Cost: $2K )
Brammo Fiberglass shell seat pan
Full body panel set – modified for quick removal at track.
Schroth 6 pt. 3” race harness – both seats.
Full Pax seat usable  w/ foot rest.  Either Pax or cool shirt cooler.
Wind Wickett for Pax seat
Custom Helmet /Hans devise driver headrest to prevent wind buffeting
CF Side view Race mirrors – L&R sides – Fully adjustable
LED Brake Light bar under rear wing – in addition to FIA Brake light
SJ Racing Leggero UltraLight Race rims Front -15X7 & Rear - 16 X 8
Dunlop Radical Race Slick tires -  Fronts: 200/580-R15 & Rear: 235/605-R16
GM Z06 Fuel Pump
Quick Release Steering Wheel
EMP – WP29  Hi-Capacity Racing 30 GPM  Intercooler pump
19 row secondary oil cooler

Engine:

Roush built 800 HP BOM Ecotec 2.0 L engine ( Diamond Pistons, etc.  – 3 page BOM of Hi-tech Race parts)
Detuned to 450 HP
Dialed back to 400
Engine Installed in Chassis and tested by Roush – Multiple system Changed to accept increase in HP – Roush designed, fabricated and tested car at their Livonia MI plant.  Four month Roush project & not a DIY project.  Full support, access and dialogue w/ Roush
Harrop HTV 1320-LSJ  Supercharger
Motec 800 ECU w/ drive by wire option
Motec 300 XL / ADL – Non back lit Dash Display 8 MB memory ( 5-6 hours )
SPEC XLC – Heavy Duty Stage 3 Race clutch
Custom designed mechanical belt tensioner for serpentine belt
MasterLube System
Snow 2.5 Gal Meth-Water Injection System
Tuned for 100 Oct race fuel
80 # / HR Injectors
GM LS1 Corvette Coils & Ignition System
Direct flow inlet air system w/ K&N Filter
Extra Heavy Duty AD Delco Starter.

Extras – Included
Brammo / Koni Race Spring Set
Full set of Front & Rear spare Pagid Race brake Pads
Full set of CF fenders
Headlights and running lights
Extra Inter-Cooler Manifold w/ Laminova’s
5 speed Shifter & Cables
SPA Dash
TraqMate Gen 1 GPS / Data System and Display - Installed
Full Master Shift Documents & Software
Set of 4 Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 Wheels w/ Toyo Street tires – excellent mileage left
Extra Set of 4 Allegro Race Rims 2- Front -15X7 & 2- Rear - 16 X 8; 3 tires mounted ( 2 F & 1 R ) great life left.
Total= 12 rims, 11 tires
Plus 2 New Dunlop Radical Race slick tires – never mounted & total of 13 tires
Parking Brake assembly – new
Fresh Alignment – 9/12

Car in Philadelphia PA
Astra@pobox.com

Price

Forgetting all the extensive upgrades like the engine, HP, torque, paddle shifter, Meth-Water system, cooling packages, etc. the same basic car with the same chassis, brake, aero,seat, lighting options at the TMI - Atom 3 web site costs
$ 76,580 + s/h and any applicable taxes. 
      Seriously interested buyers should contact Allen via phone or e-mail for pricing of this 450 HP Atom.
Last edited by Atilla39 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlyingTrotter

Re: 2008 Roush 450 HP Ecotec Atom for Sale

Post by FlyingTrotter » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:50 am

The other upgraded car that was on recently - black allegedly 700bhp seemed a more elegant series of solutions - I  guess more expensive as well - at least to my eye this looks to be a bit of a dogs breakfast - perhaps the photos are a poor representation of the car

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:09 am

Last edited by John Scherrer on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Atilla39

Post by Atilla39 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi John,
    Many thanks for visitng the ad for this Atom and expressing your opinion, as uninformed as it may be.  It's obvious that you don't have much hands on experience with actaully designing and fabricating exhaust systems for engines of any kind be they automotive, marine or aviation.  It is an exact engineering discipline that is critical to the perfomance of all engines and unless you are very familiar with details like 1- Stinger length 2 - Stinger rotation 3 - Merge sequence 4 - Thermal resonence length 5 - Pressure resonence length, etc. then you are basing your public opinion on what ? certainly  not performance, engineering calculations or automotive technical knowledge.  The exhaust in this car was designed by Lola, a name you may recognize, by the same team of engineers that design exhaust systems for cars like the Daytona Protypes.  There are 47 seperate pieces to that exhaust system, many of which are totally internal, each one of which was precisely designed & Fab'd on CADD-CAM, robotically orbitally welded at 90% of the joints and fabriacted to work with the exhaust sequence and pressure and thermal waves propagations from each cylinder.  It looks excessively long because of restrictions on merging the 4 cylinders too soon.  This proper design added significant HP to the final built engine.  The orignal design by Brammo was a DYI type effort and ignored all of these basic requirements and concepts.  Nothing was engineered, and the only 2 criteria were 1- Least cost 2- Smallest package.  This came first hand from the US factory after the orignal exhaust system failed after only 3 hours of track time, and melted the FIA brake light, liscense frame and marker lights, the Master Lube solenoid and all the associated wiring.  This design is extremely robust being made out of 40% inconel and 60% stainless parts - and will in fact never fail.
      You may not recognize or appreciate this system for it's true value or merits, but it does nonetheless remain the most sophisicated and functional Ariel Atom exhaust in existance.

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Last edited by John Scherrer on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Atilla39

Post by Atilla39 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi Flyer,
    Thanks for looking at the ad, and your observations are pretty much spot on.  The pictures were taken in haste between trailering to track events this past weekend - and I will have to take some better ones soon that do the car justice - thanks for the heads up.
  In regards to the " Dog's Breakfast " set of mods, that is also a fair obervation.  As an engineer / owner I would not normally go off in so many diverse directions and come up with so many one-off solutions. But working on the US made Atom for the last 4 years has been pretty much like living with dogs, since there were 40+ different problems that came built into the car - unknown to the buyers and in many cases the Brammo factory as well - especially on the Ecotec cars.  If I knew day 1 what I have learned over 4 years of hard work, I would have accepted Craig's first response of sending the car back for a full refund.  I know very little about the UK manufactured Atoms, but I am sure there is a world of difference between them.  My US fab'd Stage 3 300 HP Ecotec Atom made less then 190 at the wheels the first time on the dyno.  That is where the problems started - and not being aware of the other 39 failings until they occured like exhaust failures - Aux. oil coolers that only dropped temps by 5 degrees F - etc. I had to solve one problem at a time as it occured.  Fortunately, there wasn't much over lap between problems that would have altered any one solution in favor of a better combined solution.  The paddle shifter was unique to handling and track times, the larger water pump was for better IC temps, the throttle body plumbing  to resolve the twisted Induction air path etc.  A bit like buying an OLD house and having to fix it up one item at a time based on access, experience and awareness.  But in the end, each solution to a problem was as effective and robust as possible based on finding the experts, data, materials. That is why I just didn't buy a Roush crate engine - I sent them the entire running car and had them integrate their long block into the Atom so that all the systems worked optimally together.  So yes, we have almost re-built the entire car in a somewhat unplanned sequence but that was because as soon as we solved one problem - the next track day presented us with a new one and so on.

Cheers,

Allen

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:57 pm

anyone mind if I delete the negative comments?  Not cool to post stuff like that on advertising posts IMO

Atilla39

Post by Atilla39 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi Ben,
  Fine by me, the seller.  I also thought it inappropriate to take issue with facts stated in the ad without any first hand knowledge of the car by the commentor.  But also felt that it needed an educational reply once it was posted.
  Many thanks.
Cheers,

Allen