atom on ebay..

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
silver

Re: atom on ebay..

Post by silver » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:42 pm

I'm pretty sure that Brammo is referring to all Atoms with the new chassis at ATOM 3, regardless of the engine. And all the previous Chassis as ATOM 2 AGAIN regardless of the engine.

So in fact she would correctly refer to her's as an ATOM 3, it shouldn't have to have the Honda, since in the U.S. the Honda's have been used approximately as long as the ecotecs, and for the forseeable(spelling?) future will be the only engine used. 

For the US models it's less accurate to try to label the car based on the engine, and more accurate to use the chassis design.

At least that's my .02.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:33 am

[quote="MadMaxedAtom"]
So the new Brammo Atoms with the Honda engines will not be Atom3's?

What is a Brammo Atom2 with a Honda engine and dual exhaust?

I just figured it went by the build date and serial number as to which model was what.

I don't know,that is why I am asking.

What is this new "strut" configuration?
[/quote]

Don't be vexatious!

An Atom3 is an Atom3. Read the articles to see the differences... If you want to see one for real, come over to Europe!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:21 am

Don't be vexatious!

An Atom3 is an Atom3. Read the articles to see the differences... If you want to see one for real, come over to Europe!

[/quote]

"Vexatious"

Hmmm. What a cracking word.

For thickos like my goodself I've just looked it up in the OED.

(An adj of) vexation - "something annoying, being annoyed"

I can just see this coming out the next time someone/ thing annoys me...... ;D

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:00 pm

What IS your problem,Bruce?

I asked a simple question about the Atom,and you feel the need to blast me with bullshit.

I can honestly say the only thing I don't like about my entire Atom experience is YOUR attitude.

It's a damn good thing you don't sell them for a living as you would not be able to afford one for yourself!

If Brammo tells me I have an Atom3  some day in the future, I couldn't  care LESS what your opinion is on the subject.

No smiley face because I ain't smiling.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:07 pm

[quote="MadMaxedAtom"]
I couldn't  care LESS what your opinion is on the subject.
[/quote]

I couldn't care less what my opinion is on an internet forum either...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

grk

Post by grk » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Ariel  Atom 3 chassis with Honda K20 - 300
Attachments
ArielAtom2.com 008.jpg
ArielAtom2.com 008.jpg (95.41 KiB) Viewed 582 times

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:23 pm

I hope we all got up with our coffee this morning! Smile guys! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:16 pm

In this case, I have to agree with Bruce. My red framed car has the new configuration frame and Ecotec engine. Thinking it was an Atom 3, I posted it as such and received a nice request from Ariel Motor Company that I not refer to it as an Atom 3. The factory has a specific sense of what constitutes an Atom 3 and even though my car has the new frame, they consider it an Atom 2.

[img width=800 height=533]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/ ... GP2645.jpg[/img]

If we're voting on the gold & black combination, I'd vote "YES" I agree that it would be painful to subject that beauty to the track, but sometimes one must grit one's teeth and just do the difficult thing!

silver

Post by silver » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:47 pm

So Bruce, are none of the Brammo atoms considered an Atom 3 then, since you're recommending a trip to Europe to see one, I guess none of them over here qualify as an atom 3, do I have that correct?

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:54 pm

So what then IS an Atom 3??? I thought it was merely a slightly different frame car manufacturedafter a certain date.

cranius

Post by cranius » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:56 pm

How about when someone actually shows a performance difference between the Atom2 chassis and the Atom3 chassis, then we all start giving a sh1t? Sound good? Seriously, I love this place but I've never been to a forum where threads got derailed and off-topic so quickly.

Back on topic: A supercharged 2.4 liter Ecotec? Stage III? I didn't even know they supercharged the 2.4 liter....what gives?

scooter14845

Post by scooter14845 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:59 pm

We had it special ordered that way.

cranius

Post by cranius » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Whats the horsepower rating with the larger displacement engine? Sounds extremely custom and very cool.

scooter14845

Post by scooter14845 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:04 pm

I am told it is 280 HP. 

cranius

Post by cranius » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:09 pm

So, if you don't mind me asking, what made you decide on the gold color combo? Obviously, if you read my previous comments it is not really my cup of tea, but I'm just curious. I do really like your car. If ever there was a $100k+ Atom, its this one. You should definitely hold out for the right price which probably means holding on until summer.