atom on ebay..

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
bolus

Re: atom on ebay..

Post by bolus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:29 pm

Wow, 2.4L ecotec?  probably the only one that was made now that they are switched over to hondas.  Is it supercharged or turbocharged?

good luck with the auction.  I could not see ever giving up that beauty though. 

silver

Post by silver » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:33 pm

scooter welcome to the forum...a question, did he specifically order a 2.4 liter motor, we all know Brammo would do whatever you want, but, It's unique that he'd go for a 2.4 liter, they never offered it with a supercharger, they always offered the 2.0 liter.  Is yours referred to a Stage II or Stage III on the horsepower output.  

scooter14845

Post by scooter14845 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:30 pm

The car was completely custom ordered.  The car is supercharged and is referred to as a Stage III
hp output.....and yes, it is registered and street legal in the state of Florida. 

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:50 pm

I have Dymags and Alcons. About 5mm clearance!

dingo

Post by dingo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:57 pm

The twelve spoke Team Dynamics rims and the Dymags both clear the Alcons front and rear.

All UK cars with Dymags have 15 inch rims up front.

I've had a UK Atom II with Dymags and Alcons up front.  (competition rear), like Calscots configuration.

It's close, but they fit.  Rear rims are 16 inch, so clearance between Dymag and Alcons at rear is not an issue.
Fitment of a handbrake with Alcon rear brakes was an issue, but not related to this except peripherally.

silver

Post by silver » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:59 pm

Spanky, I was under the impression that only the regular 5 spoke wouldn't clear the alcon's but the dymags and 12 spokes would.....that's just what I remember....p.s. is your car all up to snuff again?

Driver

Post by Driver » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:17 pm

[quote="Spanky"]
Those Dymag wheels must be special behond just their color, as we have always been told the 5 spoke Dymags will not properly clear the Alcon race brake package calipers. I wish my garage had a receptionist.[/quote]

The configurator won't let you order the 5 spokes with the Race setup either. Only the 12 spokes. Maybe they did custom spacers and adjustments to the fender mounts? or even easier, just machine the two-piece hat/hub and caliper mount to set the rotor/caliper a little further away from the spokes..

scooter14845

Post by scooter14845 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:45 pm

We did order it with the five spoke and the race setup. Dymag wheels will fit with the race setup,
but the five spoke Team Dynamic wheels will not fit. We have the Dymag wheels. 

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:12 pm

[quote="scooter14845"]
It is actually the first Atom 3.  It also has the 2.4 liter Ecotec engine
[/quote]

Hi Scooter

If you do relist it, please don't list it as an Atom3 - with an Ecotec engine, it isn't one ...

Lovely car though...

I guess AADD is better than WADD (the first word being wife...!) ;D
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:15 pm

What exactly makes an Atom3 and Atom3 ?

scooter14845

Post by scooter14845 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:21 pm

the rep at Brammo called it an Atom 3 because of the updated
chasis.  It is halfway between a 2 and a 3.  A 3 chasis and an updated
2 engine.  Thanks!

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:22 pm

A Honda engine for a kick off...... and lots of other things - different suspension and twin exhausts being two of the more obvious ones - apart from the strut configuration, which I assume yours has.

I once owned an Atom 1.5 (an Atom 1 with Atom 2 suspension and mounts). There are lots of variants and nothing wrong with any of them...

I'd describe the current Brammo Atom as... a Brammo Atom - with the new strut configuration.
Last edited by Bruce Fielding on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:27 pm

So the new Brammo Atoms with the Honda engines will not be Atom3's?

What is a Brammo Atom2 with a Honda engine and dual exhaust?

I just figured it went by the build date and serial number as to which model was what.

I don't know,that is why I am asking.

What is this new "strut" configuration?

bolus

Post by bolus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:31 pm

I believe my Atom is version 2.006 with every Atom afterward being a new version :)

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:32 pm

Don't confuse me.... >:(