Want to buy an Atom - any in Georgia?

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
Alec

Re: Want to buy an Atom - any in Georgia?

Post by Alec » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:00 am

[quote="Driver"]
.................................... Also most calls for less HP comes from there. ...................................
[/quote]

That's because Brammo reduces the HP for you BEFORE you receive your Atom over there without telling you.  ;D

see  '300hp dyno... umm.. close, but not quite'
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

KK

Post by KK » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:04 am

[quote="Alec"]
That's because Brammo reduces the HP for you BEFORE you receive your Atom over there without telling you.  ;D
[/quote]
And I was under the impression that's a chargeable option ... ;)

Atom120

Post by Atom120 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:33 am

[quote="Alec"]
[/quote]

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant Alec!! Funniest comment all week!

Gage

Post by Gage » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:01 pm

And yet,  due to my lack of cornering ability, (I was slow on the corners)  it was tremendous fun to eat up nearly every other car on the Hallet Track when I hit the straights.    While the Atom may not be in it's best element on a straight, it humbles many many other cars on the straights.  (Short straights  ;D)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:57 am

[quote="4RTR"]
I am with you on the GPS thing, what's wrong with a map.
[/quote]

Have you tried reading a map in an Atom on the move? 'Interesting' doesn't do it justice...

Also, there's only two roads in Scotland so you can't get lost.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

4RTR

Post by 4RTR » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:11 am

[/quote]
Have you tried reading a map in an Atom on the move? 'Interesting' doesn't do it justice...
Also, there's only two roads in Scotland so you can't get lost.
[/quote]

Fair point about reading a map on the move. I either use a map case which keeps it under control and easier to read, or the bike technique - stop, look at the map, drive off, forget what was on the map, stop again..... Either way a GPS would be much better I admit.

There may only be 2 roads up here, but they are both brilliant. Got lost yesterday (I know, should have had a GPS, or at very least a map with me!!) and ended up discovering 120 miles of superb roads through Dumfries & Galloway. Definitely as good as the Highlands and much closer to home. One particular stretch was 30 miles of single track road with open bends and plenty of visibility on most of the corners. What a laugh, up and down, twisting about just like a mini Nurburgring, but slower as it was almost impossible to break the speed limit (had one been that way inclined).
There aren't many advantages to living up here, but great roads & lack of traffic are two of them.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:16 am

The two other methods are

A) The AS method, where you write an itinerary on bits of paper and then sellotape them to the frame

B) The JL method, where you write the itinerary on two pieces of paper and sellotape them to your legs

4RTR

Post by 4RTR » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:29 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]

A) The AS method, where you write an itinerary on bits of paper and then sellotape them to the frame

B) The JL method, where you write the itinerary on two pieces of paper and sellotape them to your legs
[/quote]

Ah, the joys of Atom ownership. Can you suggest which GPS to go for Bruce?  Having made fun of the Americans for using one I now quite like the idea.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:45 am

TomTom Rider.

Transferable to the bike and weatherpoof.

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:03 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]

[/quote]

Option (B)  ;D  Just to let everyone know the leg method got me from home to Spa in Belgium.  That involves crosssing 3 countries  ;) hence our liking for maps and sat' nav's.  Even I've dragged myself into the 21st century and have sat' nav' now.

Last edited by John Lloyd on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

4RTR

Post by 4RTR » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:05 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
TomTom Rider.

Transferable to the bike and weatherpoof.
[/quote]

Thanks Bruce. Do they come with suitable bracketry for the Atom or is that a separate science all in itself? Bike now retired to trackdays only. Too dangerous on the road. Deal with wife was Atom = no more biking.

4RTR

Post by 4RTR » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:07 am

John, do people look at you strangely when you stop for coffee / fuel with all that taped to your leg?

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:13 am

[quote="4RTR"]
John, do people look at you strangely when you stop for coffee / fuel with all that taped to your leg?
[/quote]

Yes, they did!!  That's why I moved to Sat' Nav'

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:29 pm

[quote="4RTR"]
Do they come with suitable bracketry for the Atom?
[/quote]

Yes. Very easy to fit. Just hang it from the nut in the centre of the windscreen (above the gearstick).

I'll take a pic...

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:38 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="4RTR"]
Do they come with suitable bracketry for the Atom?
[/quote]

Yes. Very easy to fit. Just hang it from the nut in the centre of the windscreen (above the gearstick).

I'll take a pic...
[/quote]

I've got a picture.  (All the bits for the bracket came in the box.