This vehicle looks very interesting.....

maverick1

This vehicle looks very interesting.....

Post by maverick1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:58 pm

I found this vehicle the other day and it really looks cool. It is based on the "Carver" trike which also looks good.
This trike called the VentureOne is a 3 wheeler and can get over 100mpg and most importantly for me may qualify it to drive in the car pool lanes down here in southern California.
Here is the link to the site.
http://www.flytheroad.com/index.html
Cheersâ?¢
Attachments
splash.jpg
splash.jpg (38.34 KiB) Viewed 571 times

Karl

Re: This vehicle looks very interesting.....

Post by Karl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:40 pm

The Carver looks to be an amazingly fun piece of machinery.  If Venture can hit their promised price point of under $20k, I just might think of getting one. :)

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:58 pm

[quote="Karl"]
The Carver looks to be an amazingly fun piece of machinery.  If Venture can hit their promised price point of under $20k, I just might think of getting one. :)
[/quote]
Karl I'm not sure if it would qualify to operate in the carpool lanes, but if it does I might be seriously interested as well. I know motorcycles qualify and this may be considered a motorcycle by the DMV.
Cheersâ?¢

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:00 pm

I'll believe it when I see it.

Karl

Post by Karl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:54 pm

As far as the DMV is concerned, <4 wheels means "not a car".  There's an interesting loophole in CA law that doesn't require helmets to be worn in 3-wheel vehicles, either, or so I hear.

The Carver is a different kind of fun from the Atom - though, it could make you happy or it could make you vomit depending on how much you had for lunch...

Alec

Post by Alec » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:31 am

[quote="Karl"]
As far as the DMV is concerned, <4 wheels means "not a car".  There's an interesting loophole in CA law that doesn't require helmets to be worn in 3-wheel vehicles, either, or so I hear.

[/quote]

The daft thing about the law here in the UK is that with a Trike that has a motorcycle engine in it you have to wear a helmet, but if it has a car engine in it then you don't.

No difference in danger or exposure, just the power plant.  :-\
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:34 am

I'm pre-registered!  There is no commitment.  I think they're just building up their database so that they can email people with updates and such.  At least it will keep me in the loop because chances are I'd forget about it in maybe 10 minutes or so otherwise.  But of course I said that about the Atom too!  Had I not sent an initial query to Brammo, I wouldn't have been on their "Hurry up and buy now before prices go up" distribution list!  Always looking for a bargain...

But yup, this one looks like good fun.  It could be what I've been looking for as my Cayman toy.

Edit:  Don't know if you guys noticed, but they have their own forum (of sorts).  The link is in the upper right corner of the link that mav provided in in his opening post.  I've scanned some of it, but was not able to get a sense of when these vehicles might be available for sale.
Last edited by Wmcmanus on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alec

Post by Alec » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:37 pm

[quote="Wmcmanus"]

But yup, this one looks like good fun.  It could be what I've been looking for as my Cayman toy.

[/quote]

You could always consider the original 'Carver', on which it's loosely based, as that is already in production.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:23 pm

$50k "projected" price for a Carver,and no dealers in the USA.

Interesting concept,but not enough substance for that kind of money, in my opinion. ;D

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:17 am

[quote="Wmcmanus"]
I'm pre-registered!  There is no commitment.  I think they're just building up their database so that they can email people with updates and such.  At least it will keep me in the loop because chances are I'd forget about it in maybe 10 minutes or so otherwise.  But of course I said that about the Atom too!  Had I not sent an initial query to Brammo, I wouldn't have been on their "Hurry up and buy now before prices go up" distribution list!  Always looking for a bargain...

Edit:  Don't know if you guys noticed, but they have their own forum (of sorts).  The link is in the upper right corner of the link that mav provided in in his opening post.  I've scanned some of it, but was not able to get a sense of when these vehicles might be available for sale.
[/quote]
Wmcmanus, I think this would be the perfect vehicle for the Caymans, small and easy to park and go through narrow streets. Plus it gets over 100mpg.
Cheersâ?¢

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:23 am

Looks like a rolling CAT scan machine to me. ;D

yea,yea,I know STFU Max... ;)

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:33 am

[quote="maverick1"]
[quote="Wmcmanus"]

[/quote]
Wmcmanus, I think this would be the perfect vehicle for the Caymans, small and easy to park and go through narrow streets. Plus it gets over 100mpg.
Cheersâ?¢

[/quote]

Yup!  It would be a lot of fun in Cayman.  A real head turner and for those who want to laugh about it, all it would take is about a 5 minute ride in one and they would become instant converts.  There is a certain amount of arrogance here which kind of annoys me at times, but mostly among the Mercedes, BMW, Lexus and Hummer crowd of wannabe types of people who have certain cars just for the status symbol.  No offense to anyone who owns one of these (I used to have a Mercedes myself and loved it). 

My only point is that there are more posers per capita in places like this because there are a lot of high paying jobs for such a small population and the standard of living is quite high.  As a result, there is a certain type of expectation in terms of what vehicles to drive and this sort of thing really would break the mold (or mould for those on the other side of the pond).

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:52 pm

[quote="Wmcmanus"]
Yup!  It would be a lot of fun in Cayman.  A real head turner and for those who want to laugh about it, all it would take is about a 5 minute ride in one and they would become instant converts.  There is a certain amount of arrogance here which kind of annoys me at times, but mostly among the Mercedes, BMW, Lexus and Hummer crowd of wannabe types of people who have certain cars just for the status symbol.  No offense to anyone who owns one of these (I used to have a Mercedes myself and loved it). 

My only point is that there are more posers per capita in places like this because there are a lot of high paying jobs for such a small population and the standard of living is quite high.  As a result, there is a certain type of expectation in terms of what vehicles to drive and this sort of thing really would break the mold (or mould for those on the other side of the pond).
[/quote]

Wayne, I love the way you think.  :tu:

I hope we meet up some time.

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:00 pm

[quote="Alec"]
[quote="Wmcmanus"]

[/quote]

Wayne, I love the way you think.  :tu:

I hope we meet up some time.
[/quote]

Trust me, it would have been at AtomFest if at all humanly possible!  So maybe at the '09 AtomFest at TMI (assuming that indeed becomes a reality, and no doubt it will).

Driver

Post by Driver » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:15 am

Just have to convince Alec to pick up a used atom and head to AtomsWest with CalScots trip and the 4 mile long Reno Fernley track...