2-11 thread.

John Lloyd

2-11 thread.

Post by John Lloyd » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:41 pm

As we have a couple of other trackday car threads I thought it a "good idea" to start this one.  Calm down Bruce. 

Having seen the car at Bell and Colvill I really liked it, but will never buy one.  I'll need a small ladder to climb in and out of the car  ;)  Stephanie how will you be getting in and out of the car?

NathanE

Re: 2-11 thread.

Post by NathanE » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:44 pm

We had one at Silverstone, and it looked really good.  No pax laps allowed so no idea how it drives though. 

Is did however, look difficult to get into!

Next time you come to B&C feel free to pop in for a cuppa.

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:54 pm

Nathan, are you connected to B&C, or have I missed something?

A
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:57 pm

Pictures please ;D

Stephanie Plum

Post by Stephanie Plum » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:17 pm

John

I manage somewhat inelegantly!!  However, once in it's so comfy I don't want to get out  ;)

Mind is due for delivery 6/7 March to B&C with decals hopefully fitted, so will just need armorfending and taxing etc then ready to go!!!  Need to get it run in and first serviced pronto as it'll be on display at the LOTRDC Brands Hatch Easter meet, and if I'm doing laps I want more than 4000 revs!  Thank God I only need 250 miles before 1st service......  John if you're around and up for it I might swing by and grab you as a pax for a run out one day?

Cheers

jo

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:20 pm

[quote="Stephanie Plum"]
John

I manage somewhat inelegantly!!  However, once in it's so comfy I don't want to get out  ;)

Mind is due for delivery 6/7 March to B&C with decals hopefully fitted, so will just need armorfending and taxing etc then ready to go!!!  Need to get it run in and first serviced pronto as it'll be on display at the LOTRDC Brands Hatch Easter meet, and if I'm doing laps I want more than 4000 revs!  Thank God I only need 250 miles before 1st service......  John if you're around and up for it I might swing by and grab you as a pax for a run out one day?

Cheers

jo
[/quote]

Make sure you get one with an LSD. The difference between Atoms with and the 2 Eleven without was shocking
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Stephanie Plum

Post by Stephanie Plum » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:25 pm

Why would I want it?

I don't want to do donuts and power slides.  Not my thing.

I want to track seriously and hill climb and sprint with a chance of winning.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:32 pm

Hmmm... and you think that's all that LSD is good for, Jo?
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Stephanie Plum

Post by Stephanie Plum » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:42 pm

No, I'm not that stupid.  But I suspect that's what was in a few people minds after the hooning day at Silverstone.

However, much much faster, more skilled and serious drivers than I have been out in their 2-11s testing hard prior to running their cars in Class B LOTRDC starting Easter, and none of them report any problem at all from a lack of LSD.  Quite the opposite in fact.  They report that they feel the car is so well balanced and handles so well that it is not currently a requirement.  With Lotus' F1 heritage and egineering expertise, I'm sure they considered LSD when designing the car, and simply felt the car was sufficiently good not to need it. 

However, feel free to find fault and have a dig.  After all, it couldn't possibly be better than an Atom could it?  :P

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:08 pm

Steph,

Everybody enjoyed having the 2-eleven there (incl the mighty B), be comforted that the car is held in mighty respect I am sure!

What the car needed was more room, I think.

I even asked the (ever accommodating) AT if I could sit in the car and I love it!

A
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:10 pm

[quote="AlanP"]
Nathan, are you connected to B&C, or have I missed something?

A
[/quote]

No, just live round the corner.  Happy to receive the cold and thirsty!

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:12 pm

Nathan,

Bought a car from them a few years ago, bloody good people I thought.

Nice area if you like garden centres

A

Stephanie Plum

Post by Stephanie Plum » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:13 pm

Alan it's kind of you but don't feel the need to apologise for Bruce.  He knew exactly what he was saying.  Normally I let it go over my head, but not tonight.  It was a stupid bloody thing to come out with - based on seeing one person drive the car, whose provenance behind a wheel is not known, and the car is damned.

Come to Brands Hatch at Easter Bruce, and see some skilled drivers behind the wheel, have a chat to them after the racing, and lets see whether you think it needs LSD after that?

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:45 pm

[quote="Stephanie Plum"]
Alan it's kind of you but don't feel the need to apologise for Bruce.  He knew exactly what he was saying.  Normally I let it go over my head, but not tonight.  It was a stupid bloody thing to come out with - based on seeing one person drive the car, whose provenance behind a wheel is not known, and the car is damned.

Come to Brands Hatch at Easter Bruce, and see some skilled drivers behind the wheel, have a chat to them after the racing, and lets see whether you think it needs LSD after that?
[/quote]

But it's great annoying Bruce by trying to turn this board into PistonHeads II  ;)

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:50 pm

All a bit handbags this, isn't it  ???

Fact is that on the day, given the 3 disciplines we were all doing with cones, the 2 Eleven was hard work. Even the instructors tried but couldn't drive it.

That said, I'm sure it would go well/ better in other situations, including at Brands etc etc.

Not sure it's an awful lot more (or less) than that. I also don't think Bruce's commetns were exactly "stupid". Everyone on Sunday loved the 2 Eleven - and I mean everyone.

Cheers, Hedge
Last edited by Hedge on Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.