2-11 thread.

Stephanie Plum

Re: 2-11 thread.

Post by Stephanie Plum » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:56 pm

[quote="Hedge"]
Er, yeah, really?
[/quote]

If you did you'd have understood the decals.

Dave Fellows

Post by Dave Fellows » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:57 pm

Ignore them Jo, I think it's great. I think it's quite acceptable for a Lotus fanatic to have such commemorative livery.

Stephanie Plum

Post by Stephanie Plum » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:57 pm

[quote="jon b"]
[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Stephanie Plum"]
You don't know your Lotus heritage - the car is based on a F1 winning car driven by Jim Clark and Graham Hill in the 1967/68 season.
[/quote]

I thought it was based on an Elise

Ben
[/quote]

;D

Lovely car Ms Plum - would very much like a look and ride  :tu:
[/quote]

Thank you.  On the basis that you're one of the few people who haven't made some sort of snide remark PM me and we'll see what we can organise.

Stephanie Plum

Post by Stephanie Plum » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:58 pm

[quote="Dave Fellows"]
Ignore them Jo, I think it's great. I think it's quite acceptable for a Lotus fanatic to have such commemorative livery.
[/quote]

Thank you as well.  Funny how cars can divide people so much.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:12 pm

I don't think we're divided at all. I like all Lotus' (except the Europa - it was a a total dog) - I've owned two. I even went to the do at University College a couple of months ago. I like the 2 Eleven (I just don't fit one). I like your paint job. I'm just not keen on the 9 letters on the side of it...

Snide? Nous?

See http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/th ... 93491.html
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:24 pm

How very odd.

I stated I thought the car  :tu: the decals  :td:.

And I'm accused of making "snide" remarks/ being ignorant as to Lotus history etc etc.

Whatever. I still love the car  :pop:

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:40 pm

[quote="Stephanie Plum"]
[quote="Dext37 Fielding"]
isn't the 2-11 the Exige in drag, and not to start with fully road legal?

[/quote]

No. 
[/quote]

complete with sources, a Toyota supercharged engine, atleast it will be quick and reliable - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_2_Eleven

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:44 pm

[quote="Stephanie Plum"]

[/quote]

No. 
[/quote]

complete with sources, a Toyota supercharged engine, atleast it will be quick and reliable - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_2_Eleven
[/quote]

To quote a great man "Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information."

Prizes for identifying the man in question without a web search

Ben

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:03 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Stephanie Plum"]

[/quote]

No. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

To quote a great man "Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information."

Ben

[/quote]

Well it does come with sources, aka the Lotus website...

Dave Fellows

Post by Dave Fellows » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:08 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Stephanie Plum"]

[/quote]

No. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ben

[/quote]

[/quote]

It wasn't you who said this was it Dext? I mean come on, how can "Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject" be synonymous with "best possible information"?? Surely you were being sarcastic!?

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:27 pm

[quote="Dave Fellows"]
[quote="benyeats"]

Ben

[/quote]

[/quote]

It wasn't you who said this was it Dext? I mean come on, how can "Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject" be synonymous with "best possible information"?? Surely you were being sarcastic!?
[/quote]

It wasn't Dext

Dave Fellows

Post by Dave Fellows » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:29 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Dave Fellows"]
[quote="benyeats"]

Ben

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It wasn't Dext
[/quote]

Apologies Dext

Stephanie Plum

Post by Stephanie Plum » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:04 pm

[quote="Stephanie Plum"]

[/quote]

No. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope - it's predecessor wasn't the Exige S - good old wikipedia - inaccurate as ever.  If you want to be pedantic it's a reincarnation in the spirit of the Lotus Eleven - hence the name.  It doesn't have a modern predecessor - it's based loosely around the Elise chassis with mods, with the same engine as the Exige, but also different, in the same way as the Elise SC is similar but different. 

The car has always had a road legal option in the UK.  So to start with it has always been road legal.

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:03 pm

woaw, that was confusing, the only clear thing i know about Lotus is that James Hunt's bro sold Lotus F1 team when they were in the red (circa 1994/5)

but yeah, a longer version of the Renault Spyder if you ask me about the 2eleven, nice...

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:21 pm

Jo,

Thje joy of one car forums!  I knew you would get a hard time when I asked for photo's, but that's the fun.  A few more posts and views and this thread'll also be in the "Atom" forums top 10 threads along with the one about X-Bows!  ;)

(Now just need to get that Rocket thread moving again.  ;D )