2009 Nissan GT-R or 2009 Mitsubishi Evolution X or 2005 Lotus Elise,which to buy

fiestycolumbian

Re: 2009 Nissan GT-R or 2009 Mitsubishi Evolution X or 2005 Lotus Elise,which to buy

Post by fiestycolumbian » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:03 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
But its already had a new gearbox so won't be needing another.  Porsches are fairly bullet proof car I say go for it you only live once

Ben
[/quote]
I agree Ben, I am not worried too much about reliability, although if it did break I probably wouldnt be able to justify that big of an expense to fix it.
But besides that the EVO X MR has all the features that my Prius currently has like navi, xenons, keyless entry, bluetooth, 6 airbags, etc., so it would be a step backwards for me in terms of creature comforts in my daily driver which I have gotten used to and need. Plus the MR has new technologies like a DSG, turbo 4-cyl., and AWD, all things I have never bought in a car before. Of course your an F1 guy *wink, wink*, like myself, so you can understand my fascination with new technologies.
Of course all of this is kinda pointless because I am still not sure as to when the MR version will come out. Mitsu has only told me summer, but I dont know specifically when that is. Anyone have any idea?

[quote="John H"]
buy the mitsi and the nissan
[/quote]
Only if money grew from trees :D :D

Fiesty

CalScot

Re: 2009 Nissan GT-R or 2009 Mitsubishi Evolution X or 2005 Lotus Elise,which to buy

Post by CalScot » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:01 am

My Porsche has xenons, keyless entry, front and side impact airbags, etc. It gets about 28mpg on the fwy. Is perfectly comfortable under all conditions.
Of course it does not have all that fancy stuff that the Evo has. That means you would actully have to drive it, as opposed to the Evo almost driving itself ;) Ever driven a recent model Evo? Amazing little things. Drive fast, chuck into the corners at silly speed and hang on. Of course switch off the computers and it will corner like your Prius with a flat tire :laugh:

There is something pure about a rear wheel drive Carrera with no computer involved. That's why I never got the Carrera 4. I like driving it on the edge, back end drifting just slightly on big fast sweeping corners. Nothing like it except tons more of it in a Carrera GT3 RS or the Atom of course. Seats 4 albeit at a push, turns into a classy convertible with great lines at the push of a button. A much better chick magnet that any Evo. (we all keep a little bit of that in us, even though we are married and will never admit it)

The gearbox on mine was a bummer. Within warranty mileage at 28K, but 4 months over the expiration. The dealer gave me a deal on the trans as they almost admitted they had issues with this unit (made in Malaysia so they said) Excluding that, the car has cost nothing except scheduled maintenance, which overall has been way less than my last Benz.

Not trying to sell the Porsche in any way,  just defending a Porsche in general. Brilliant cars.

maverick1

Re: 2009 Nissan GT-R or 2009 Mitsubishi Evolution X or 2005 Lotus Elise,which to

Post by maverick1 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:40 am

[quote="CalScot"]
My Porsche has xenons, keyless entry, front and side impact airbags, etc. It gets about 28mpg on the fwy. Is perfectly comfortable under all conditions.
Of course it does not have all that fancy stuff that the Evo has. That means you would actully have to drive it, as opposed to the Evo almost driving itself ;) Ever driven a recent model Evo? Amazing little things. Drive fast, chuck into the corners at silly speed and hang on. Of course switch off the computers and it will corner like your Prius with a flat tire :laugh:

There is something pure about a rear wheel drive Carrera with no computer involved. That's why I never got the Carrera 4. I like driving it on the edge, back end drifting just slightly on big fast sweeping corners. Nothing like it except tons more of it in a Carrera GT3 RS or the Atom of course. Seats 4 albeit at a push, turns into a classy convertible with great lines at the push of a button. A much better chick magnet that any Evo. (we all keep a little bit of that in us, even though we are married and will never admit it)

The gearbox on mine was a bummer. Within warranty mileage at 28K, but 4 months over the expiration. The dealer gave me a deal on the trans as they almost admitted they had issues with this unit (made in Malaysia so they said) Excluding that, the car has cost nothing except scheduled maintenance, which overall has been way less than my last Benz.

Not trying to sell the Porsche in any way,  just defending a Porsche in general. Brilliant cars.

[/quote]
Funny you mention the GT3 RS. I met up tonight with a great bunch of Porsche enthusiasts, and one guy came in a brand new bright green GT3RS....what a beauty. I took the Atom and all the Porsche guys really loved it.
Driving home I almost got blown right off the road. It was so windy at one point I couldn't even move my head...pretty scary.
Cheersâ?¢

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:22 pm

[quote="CalScot"]

[/quote]

I think Porsche build brilliant cars. My favorite supercar to date has always been the Carrera GT. The Enzo, Ford GT, Mclaren SLR, and everything else dont pale in comparison, IMO.
I would buy your Porsche in a heart beat if I was a little older, and felt comfortable driving one on a daily basis. I am still coming up in this world, so driving any Porsche would be a little akward. The same reason I dont just take my parents SLK roadster. I dont feel comfortable driving a luxury car at this point.
Also, the atom is my first experience with a real wheel drive car, so I am still learning all the aspects that involve driving that way. Driving the 996 dailiy would be quite similar experiences, as you have pointed out a few times. I dont want to drive that way with my daily driver, I need neutral handling. ;D
Yes the EVO X are great computer controlled AWD cars, it would be great to own one and just experience that. I have never experienced a AWD, DSG, turbo setup, so as anything in life, I always like to try different things. I have rear wheel drive manual in my atom, I have got slow front wheel drive CVT in my Prius(and in my sold 96 accord I used to have), so an AWD, DSG EVO would complete my garage ;D.

Fiesty

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:52 pm

I decided to go with the EVO X MR, Phantom Black!!! Really excited about it. Left a deposit for it yesterday at south coast mitsu, for only 500 over invoice, which is really good for a new release car as good as the Evo X. Looking forward to beating Calscot in his new IS-F!! 8)