My new favourite car....

Atom120

Re: My new favourite car....

Post by Atom120 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:39 pm

Don't care what anyone says - I want one!

Knight Rider was my favourite movie as a kid - the Hoff's finest hour without a doubt.

I want a one.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:52 pm

[quote="Atom120"]
Don't care what anyone says - I want one!

Knight Rider was my favourite movie as a kid - the Hoff's finest hour without a doubt.

I want a one.
[/quote]

But what did you think of Smoky and the Bandit ?  Although I am sure they could use a later car and make it a KITT replica

Ben

Atom120

Post by Atom120 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:28 pm

Had Knight Rider and Smok(e)y and the Bandit 2 recorded on the same tape, and used to watch them over and over again as a kid - only problem being the tape wasn't long enough, and cut off the end of Smokey and the Bandit!

Second or Third gen Trans-Am - I don't care, I still want one.

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:48 am

This all reminded me of one of my favourite songs - Burt Reynolds Rides again by Eastfield (www.eastfieldrailpunk.co.uk)

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:07 am

[quote="Atom120"]
Had Knight Rider and Smok(e)y and the Bandit 2 recorded on the same tape, and used to watch them over and over again as a kid - only problem being the tape wasn't long enough, and cut off the end of Smokey and the Bandit!

Second or Third gen Trans-Am - I don't care, I still want one.
[/quote]

iirc you can get all of the Bandit films as a boxed set, named 'the pursuit pack' problem is you will be paying towards III which was a poor relation.

Ben

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:39 am

[quote="Atom120"]
...only problem being the tape wasn't long enough, and cut off the end of Smokey and the Bandit!
[/quote]

He gets away and they all have a good laugh about it, and live happily ever after.

Damn... sorry if I've given anything away to those who were looking forward to seeing it for the first time...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:52 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="Atom120"]
...only problem being the tape wasn't long enough, and cut off the end of Smokey and the Bandit!
[/quote]

He gets away and they all have a good laugh about it, and live happily ever after.

Damn... sorry if I've given anything away to those who were looking forward to seeing it for the first time...
[/quote]

Not to mention the Beufort T Justice's car is ruined so he consequently ends up looking like a chump as does his sidekick 'junior'.  Following this the credits role including a blooper real whilst the Bandit theme plays...........singalong........"We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there, we're gonna do what they said can't be done etc etc"

Ben

Atom120

Post by Atom120 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:51 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[/quote]

You are a fundamentally bad person...