I think it is the customers choice.

bruh_la

Re: Deronda Type "G" V8

Post by bruh_la » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Whos the customer?....Ronald Macdonald?  ;D

Karlo

Re: Deronda Type "G" V8

Post by Karlo » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:17 pm

I visited the Deronda factory in Detroit, and had a closer look at the car.  The workmanship is A+ , the color I am not to crazy about either.  With 550hp I think this car will shine.

Here is a amature video that  I put together of the visit.

Lots of detailed pictures of the car here also. 

http://www.exocars.net/showthread.php?t=175

chris trapp

Deronda Type G400

Post by chris trapp » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:45 pm

i just want to show you a new car that has been hitting the streets of Detroit
[img width=800 height=600]http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr22 ... ld2003.jpg[/img]
[img width=800 height=600]http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr22 ... 0_1103.jpg[/img]

ross

Re: Deronda Type G400

Post by ross » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:51 pm

That really is a pig ugly car.

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:22 pm

Welcome Chris,  You make the Deronda right?    Glad you could stop by our forum.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of memebers here that feel that the Atom should be the only type of its design on the road and will put down everything else.  But I appreciate your addition to the class of vehicles and would love to see it run against an Atom on a road course some day.  :tu:  Good luck!

silver

Post by silver » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:22 pm

it may not be pretty to you, but it looks like a pretty well put together piece of machinery........maybe upgrade the tires to something more worthy, but compared to pretty much every other atom competitor, this one looks "professional" I guess is the best word.

Chris, I hope you have your flame suit on....b/c especially the Brit's on here won't have too much appreciation for the Deronda 8)

chris trapp

Post by chris trapp » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome, yes you are correct not every person will like every car, and that is why there are so many cars out there.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Umm....looks like an arcade prop. The taillights and that back grille are really poorly done. I am going to look at it closer though.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:33 pm

those tail lights CAN'T be worse then the ones that come on the atom

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:37 pm

In my eyes,the lights are gawdawful fugly. Nothing that can't be fixed,I suppose.

Looks like the car weighs 1900lbs and has 500hp. Not too shabby. Priced just under $100k. They compare it to the Atom500.

Hmm...I am not digging the styling too much...maybe it has to grow on you.

Reminds my of a George Barris car I once saw...can't quite remember which one it was though...

Here it is...the Invader.. Image

I guess not,really. I don't know why this car came to mind when I saw the Deronda. :-\

It will be interesting to see how it does on the market.
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Post by Steve Gibson » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:47 pm

Flash Gordon's in town!

It's like the various parts were designed by different people. Maybe they were...

And I'm not being a prejudiced Atom owner when I say that. There are plenty of stunning looking and highly capable lightweight sports cars out there, besides the Atom â?? the Lotus Exige being one.
First Atomised 2001.
Atom (165) > Atom 2 (220) > Atom 3 (300) > Atom 3.5 (310) > Atom 4 (350).
There is no cure.

ross

Post by ross » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:56 pm

Apologies for being so blunt Chris - I didn't realise it was your own work (if that's the case of course) - might be better to make it clear that it's your own product otherwise it could be viewed as a bit of sly marketing on your part.

I've always thought it was ugly I'm afraid, but have no issue at all with more of these types of cars coming along.  With less fussy bodywork, I dare say it would look a lot nicer.  Certainly looks decently engineered having seen it in the flesh before.

Cheers, Ross.

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:04 pm

what ever you guys think of the outside I doubt you can say anything bad about this pic :)
Attachments
engine.JPG
engine.JPG (42.81 KiB) Viewed 1028 times

chris trapp

Post by chris trapp » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:11 pm

Ross no problem, i'm married so you really can't hurt me with words!  like i said these cars are for the people that like them! if you drove one you wouldn't get the smile off your face!  they are very fast and handle like a race car