Caparo T1

Alec

Re: Caparo T1

Post by Alec » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:05 pm

I watched the Top Gear report on the Atom and immediately ordered one.

I've just watched the Top Gear report on the Caparo T1 and it's definitely goes to the bottom of my list of cars I would want to own.  :td:
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:08 pm

read what i just put on the New Top Gear section...

jon b

Post by jon b » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:05 am

Hilarious piece by Clarkson  - classic with all the emergency resource there.

Do you think Caparo got the message from that ? ........ namely - don't launch a car till you've f*ckin fully tested it..... twats

If the guy with too much money and not much sense behind the project actually thought a little more tactfully about how to position the car in the first place - he may of gained a little more respect.  As it is, positioning this race car for road use, is just looking more and more ridiculous.

Regrettably, I am sure the guy has buried his head in the sand a little after getting some deposits from dumb Arabs at the Geneva launch

Very interesting points about the lack of traction due to too much bhp and lack of downforce at low speeds - reminds me of another discussion about a 600bhp Atom  ;D

jon b

Post by jon b » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:32 pm

Top Gear Caparo T1 review shown last night - hilarious

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:40 pm

not as good as fifth gears review though! :laugh:

pakitor23

Post by pakitor23 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:19 pm

After wathing it....I still prefer the atom. Only suitable for ex-pro drivers of formula 1 or formula 1 driver's in their off-season time. Too much of a headache.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:12 pm

[quote="pakitor23"]
After wathing it....I still prefer the atom. Only suitable for ex-pro drivers of formula 1 or formula 1 driver's in their off-season time. Too much of a headache.
[/quote]

Don't think Atom 'vs Caparo it is a remotely valid comparison, not in the same ballpark performance or cost wise.

Ben

arielatom600

Post by arielatom600 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:37 pm

[quote="jon b"]
Hilarious piece by Clarkson  - classic with all the emergency resource there.

Do you think Caparo got the message from that ? ........ namely - don't launch a car till you've f*ckin fully tested it..... twats

If the guy with too much money and not much sense behind the project actually thought a little more tactfully about how to position the car in the first place - he may of gained a little more respect.  As it is, positioning this race car for road use, is just looking more and more ridiculous.

Regrettably, I am sure the guy has buried his head in the sand a little after getting some deposits from dumb Arabs at the Geneva launch

Very interesting points about the lack of traction due to too much bhp and lack of downforce at low speeds - reminds me of another discussion about a 600bhp Atom  ;D
[/quote]

well, it did the track in 1.10. So if it's not the horrible traction it seems to be something else... I'll be happy if I'll do it in 1.12 in my AA600.

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Post by Steve Gibson » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:43 pm

Great piece of TV from Clarkson.

Shame to have Simon Cowell's self-satisfied manner and smugness oozing all over the set though.
First Atomised 2001.
Atom (165) > Atom 2 (220) > Atom 3 (300) > Atom 3.5 (310) > Atom 4 (350).
There is no cure.

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:53 pm

[quote="jon b"]
[/quote]
Looks to me like a modern day "Bat Mobile". I think it looks pretty good, but very fragile in my book. Hate to hit anything in that car.
I think a Radical SR8 turbo or supercharged would give it a run for it's money.
Just wait until Andreas get's his 600+ HP Atom built up with full aero package. May surprise everyone.
cheers

jon b

Post by jon b » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:46 am

[quote="maverick1"]
[Just wait until Andreas get's his 600+ HP Atom built up with full aero package. May surprise everyone.
cheers
[/quote]

Not me  ;D

dingo

Post by dingo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:25 pm

Going at it again for launch \ track demonstration. 

This time in Acari, Spain
Feb  15-16

Two cars, two professional race drivers 
Ride along.

Better luck this time.

Ultrasound

Post by Ultrasound » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:16 pm

As most of you know I really like(d) ::) the T1. Even after the somewhat disappointing 'press day' a few of us attended. Have to say I'm a bit taken aback by the puff piece about them in this week's Autocar especially the bit where it states that it has blown a McLaren F1 race car away. 

Not sure if they mean an F1 GTR which it would do, if so a bit misleading, or if they mean race car as in 'MP-4/Something' which seems a little rich.

Less hype and a few cars in road tests would be nice.  :-\

dingo

Post by dingo » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:25 pm

Tell them your view(s).

And I quote:

"Yes the Ascari event was a roaring success.
We took three cars with three pro Le mans drivers and gave 25 individuals an experience they will never forget.
Over the two days all cars ran very well and as a result we now have a 6 to 8 month waiting list.

Due to Ascari we are now arranging customer days at Silverstone over the coming weeks and months.
Let me know your movements so we can arrange to get you in the car.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes

Andrew Stuart

Sales Director
T1 Cars Limited
andrew.stuart@gwedapalou.com

p.s. You didn't get this from moi

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:07 am

Having watched a repeat of the Topgear test on the weekend, it just seemed too flawed. Yes on a fast track it is probably awesome, but they appeared to say that unless you were at speed there was no downforce,  so grip was limited. Until it is in the press for proper test drives, and shows itself to be a useable road car it will never really be viewed as a viable car (IMHO).
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....