2015 civic type R as new tin top?

meladdo

2015 civic type R as new tin top?

Post by meladdo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:54 pm

Going for a test drive in one, a little training shoe in the looks dept, but as a hot hatch its bristling with tech and seems to be fairing rather well out of the blocks at the ring and with many of the car mags and testers.....

Plus its a Honda....what can go wrong ;D

Hedge

Re: 2015 civic type R as new tin top?

Post by Hedge » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:05 am

I saw my first one y'day, parked up. Good grief, it's a wild looking thing. I'm not sure I could live with one, I'd feel like (even more of) a berk climbing in & out of it.

The interior's only marginally less nutty than the exterior. I must be getting old cos all I could think about (instead of) was a Golf R..

Cheers,
Hedge

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:04 am

[quote="Hedge"]
I saw my first one y'day, parked up. Good grief, it's a wild looking thing. I'm not sure I could live with one, I'd feel like (even more of) a berk climbing in & out of it.

The interior's only marginally less nutty than the exterior. I must be getting old cos all I could think about (instead of) was a Golf R..

Cheers,
Hedge
[/quote]

Thought I would log on and see if any negative views from the collective minds of the Atom nutters....and I get the voice of reason :roflp: This is suppose to be where people have taken leave of their senses ;D

But, I am oddly drawn to the thing.......... ??? I want an Atom for poor weather conditions. I think..... :o

I tend to agree with you............Golf R - how boring and I am not a VAG fan TBH unless its a camper! I am not a fan of french cars either, never have been.

Not much else to choose from.....Focus RS next year? Nope Fords no longer float my boat, Sick of arguing over what is and is not under warranty after 12 months.....washed my hands of Ford 8 years ago! nothing they have made make me look twice, maybe the last Focus RS with the 5 pot burble, but thats about it.

Off to Honda to drive a training shoe ;D

Lord Studley

Post by Lord Studley » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:47 am

Meladdo, the scooby saloon can tick a lot of boxes, fast, spacious, good all rounder and much better built than previous ones. Not saying saying it Honda/VW built but good all the same. Or did it have to be a hatch?

Chris

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:19 am

[quote="meladdo"]
Golf R - how boring and I am not a VAG fan TBH unless its a camper!
[/quote]

Boring car, but great interactive marketing!

http://rrr.vw.com/
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

phil4

Post by phil4 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:00 pm

In the latest Evo they did a group test, with the Civic, VW, Megane and.... I can't recall.  As I recall the Civic didn't win it.

On that basis, There would need to be something special to specifically make me want one over the others.  I can't argue with what you choose, as it's personal, but on a pure numbers/driving game, it's not the one to have.

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Post by Steve Gibson » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:06 pm

I saw a display one in Westfield shopping centre recently.

Reminds me a little of the wackier Hot Wheels cars from the 70s. Which is a good thing.  :)
First Atomised 2001.
Atom (165) > Atom 2 (220) > Atom 3 (300) > Atom 3.5 (310) > Atom 4 (350).
There is no cure.

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:51 pm

What ever your opinion on it, its very nice to drive and bags of low down torque and the main thing, makes you  ;D

I loved it..........Looks very nice in the flat Honda Red. :tu:

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:29 pm

that looks good Will, is that red Alcantara inside?  :tu:

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:31 pm

Looking forward to test driving it when I get back from Somerset next week.  :vroom: :vroom: 
Our demonstrator arrived today.  :police:
I think it is alcantara rocket man
Stew

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:10 pm

A bit of colour always lifts the interior, I realy do not like all black. I have just added some red Alcantara to the black interior of my Porsche Spyder but that is just me OTT
Attachments
FullSizeRender 2.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg (0 Bytes) Viewed 3096 times
Last edited by Rocket Man on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:25 pm

Hey Kieth

Yes mate, bucket seats in Alcantara and a nice red and black/grey flat bottom wheel - liking it.....very much!

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:56 pm

[quote="phil4"]
In the latest Evo they did a group test, with the Civic, VW, Megane and.... I can't recall.  As I recall the Civic didn't win it.

On that basis, There would need to be something special to specifically make me want one over the others.  I can't argue with what you choose, as it's personal, but on a pure numbers/driving game, it's not the one to have.
[/quote]

VAG means boring to me sorry, French cars are  :td: - all of them! and The Civic just pushes my buttons...

I can report this thing is as FUN to drive as an Atom 3.5 245 -  :tu: Chuffed........

The Type R beat the new M4, Audi and some other German thing on track. Honda have done an amazing job on this car without doubt a car that makes you  ;D - the school run is about to change for the better...

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:52 pm

Have to say I prepared a new type R for a customer last week and surprised at how compliant the suspension was - i was dreading the +R mode to remove my fillings but no..A very nice ride - must be due to the fancy edc dampers.
Such a nice place to sit and bags of torque.
Seen TDI north already fitting intercooler and intakes and without a remap reaching 350hp.
Standard car peaks at 23psi boost.
Surprised it only took £46 to brim the tank.
Nice car.

Stew