The laws an ass!

wattie

The laws an ass!

Post by wattie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:57 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-28463221

When honest hardworking people get kicked in the nuts by verdicts like these its sickening.
I hope karma means someone will soon be jumping up and down very heavily on this individual.

Cheers Wattie

phil4

Re: The laws an ass!

Post by phil4 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:52 pm

There's two bits I didn't quite get....

1) why doesn't he just claim on his insurance, esp. if it costs £11000 to put right.

2) Why does buffing out the scuff marks cost £11,000?

FWIW I talk from experience, some scrote jumped on the bonet of my car, and creased it horribly.  Required a new one at a cost of around £750.

In fairness was more miffed at the main dealer that sold me said bonnet, and which then faded to pink every summer requiring a t-cut each time.  Shoddy part.

wattie

Post by wattie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Hang on, I think you've missed the point.....never mind the bits you don't get.

That scumbag should never have been on the boot of that car, he has no respect for other peoples property and even filmed himself doing it.

Derisory fine to stop him doing the same thing to yours next time.

Cheers Wattie

phil4

Post by phil4 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:28 pm

I agree completely, scrote shouldn't have done it.

Yes, the fine does seem lenient.

I say seems, as I don't know what damage was actually done, (see previous post), nor scrotes circumstances.

Also, I'm very used to seeing stupidly lenient sentances... and indeed my whole theory on sentancing is at odds with UK law.  My theory is simple, sentance on what is done wrong, not the outcome.