Daniel Ricciardo 2500-1
Jean Eric Vergne 2500-1
Charles Pic 5000 50001-
Giedo van der Garde 50001-
Jules Bianchi 5000-1
Max Chilton 5000-1
Luiz Razia 5000-1
Timo Glock 5000-1

And who's on for an each way top three place?

Sebastian Vettel 1/4
Fernando Alonso 4/9
Kimi Raikkonen 13/8
Jenson Button 7/4
Lewis Hamilton 2
Mark Webber 5/2
Sergio Perez 7/2
Felipe Massa 4
Nico Rosberg 8
Romain Grosjean 10
Nico Hulkenberg 33
Pastor Maldonado 50
Paul di Resta 50
Valtteri Bottas 100
Esteban Gutierrez 100
Daniel Ricciardo 150
Jean-Eric Vergne 150
Charles Pic 500
Giedo Van Der Garde 500
Max Chilton 500

Or perhaps a top six?

Sebastian Vettel 1/14
Fernando Alonso 1/8
Jenson Button 1/4
Mark Webber 4/11
Kimi Raikkonen 4/9
Lewis Hamilton 4/7
Sergio Perez evens
Felipe Massa evens
Romain Grosjean 5/4
Nico Rosberg 13/8
Nico Hulkenberg 15/2
Paul di Resta 8
Pastor Maldonado 10
Daniel Ricciardo 14
Esteban Gutierrez 16
Jean Eric Vergne 16
Valtteri Bottas 20
Charles Pic 66
Giedo Van Der Garde 100
Max Chilton 125
Luiz Razia 77/18
Last edited by Bruce Fielding on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

benyeats

Re: F1 odds - who's worth a punt?

Post by benyeats » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:31 pm

My fantasy F1 picks have been

Hamilton
Grosjean
Sutil
Maldonado

Very difficult to see anyone other than Vettel winning the title again, although 8-1 on Hamilton or 10-1 on Button look good 'value'.

wasp

Post by wasp » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:40 pm

[quote="benyeats"]

Very difficult to see anyone other than Vettel winning the title again, although 8-1 on Hamilton or 10-1 on Button look good 'value'.
[/quote]

Agreed, but I think 10-1 on Kimi are pretty good odds too. I'm a big Jenson fan but McLaren will have to get their car sorted pretty quickly to have a shot at keeping, Vettel, Alonso & Hamilton in sight.
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

glyn430

Post by glyn430 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Max Chiltern is 10 to 1 to collect just 1 point in the season, i think thats worth a punt surely????

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:53 pm

[quote="Glyn"]
Max Chiltern is 10 to 1 to collect just 1 point in the season, i think thats worth a punt surely????
[/quote]

Not based on his performance in practice...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

wasp

Post by wasp » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:29 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="Glyn"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Perhaps his Daddy can buy him some points? ;D
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:13 pm

So what are the odds on a winner of the Atom Cup series

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:19 pm

[quote="wasp"]
[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="Glyn"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Given the majority of the grid have paid their way into F1 any particular reason for singling out Chilton? 

I would not bet on him getting a point, the team he is with are a long way from that.....

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Story this Am is that Mclaren have dropped Vodaphone (or been dropped) and will now be sponsored by Carlos Slim's Telcom company - which you might argue makes Perez the biggest of the "pay" drivers - perhaps a bit harsh as its hard to see any below Vettel, Alonso, Webber, Hamilton, Button who are not bringing enormous personal sponsorship to the party [im sure I'm sure I have missed a few but the thrust is accurate]

For me Vettel looks on the money - Hamiliton and Kimi perhaps in wrong order - hard to see Mercedes being title contenders this year but I would expect him to contend for parts of races, pick up points, get on some podiums if his reliability allows and we get wet races/issues and may even win 1 or 2 if the package comes together and Red Bull and Ferrari struggle for some reason

But then wasn't it 6 different winners in the first run of races so it could be a lottery at least until Red bull run away with it

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:11 pm

[quote="FlyingTrotter"]
Story this Am is that Mclaren have dropped Vodaphone (or been dropped) and will now be sponsored by Carlos Slim's Telcom company - which you might argue makes Perez the biggest of the "pay" drivers - perhaps a bit harsh as its hard to see any below Vettel, Alonso, Webber, Hamilton, Button who are not bringing enormous personal sponsorship to the party [im sure I'm sure I have missed a few but the thrust is accurate]

For me Vettel looks on the money - Hamiliton and Kimi perhaps in wrong order - hard to see Mercedes being title contenders this year but I would expect him to contend for parts of races, pick up points, get on some podiums if his reliability allows and we get wet races/issues and may even win 1 or 2 if the package comes together and Red Bull and Ferrari struggle for some reason

But then wasn't it 6 different winners in the first run of races so it could be a lottery at least until Red bull run away with it
[/quote]

Vodafone stated a good number of years ago that there days in F1 were limited so this is no huge surprise, the Telemex sponsorship is not confirmed yet but would also be no surprise, having said that I can't see McLaren keeping Perez if he does not perform.

I saw a stat the other day that in 2007 Adrian Sutil was the only pay driver on the grid, how times change

wattie

Post by wattie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Red Bull or Ferrari to win for me. no shocks. Alonso is a good bet.

Jensen 3rd at best.

Hamilton no chance. Cars simply not good enough and neither are the teams tactics.

Cheers Wattie

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:51 am

[quote="wattie"]

Hamilton no chance. Cars simply not good enough and neither are the teams tactics.

[/quote]

Good points.  Hamilton is widely accepted to be rubbish, hence winning the championship on his second go, likewise Brawn is a terrible tactician, surely Schumacher could have won 8 titles if not for his meddling.....

wattie

Post by wattie » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:56 am

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="wattie"]

[/quote]

Good points.  Hamilton is widely accepted to be rubbish, hence winning the championship on his second go, likewise Brawn is a terrible tactician, surely Schumacher could have won 8 titles if not for his meddling.....
[/quote]
Bit feisty Ben, don't believe I said Hamilton was rubbish. He's my favourite F1 driver but he's in a "rubbish" car as you would say IMO and that's too big a hurdle to overcome this year.

CHeers Wattie

wasp

Post by wasp » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:25 am

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="wasp"]
[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="Glyn"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Given the majority of the grid have paid their way into F1 any particular reason for singling out Chilton? 

I would not bet on him getting a point, the team he is with are a long way from that.....
[/quote]

Only that his name was specifically mentioned on the previous post.

Whilst i understand the commercial requirements, it is a sorry state of affairs when the best cars in the world can't be driven by the 20+ best currently available drivers.

I was simply ruing the fact that people like Glock and Kovalainen are not in the mix. They are world class and IMO Senna drove better over a season than Maldanado too. He scored 6 less points but without the one stand out race, Maldanado would have been miles behind.

I love the fact that these cars are engineering masterpieces, but find it a shame that we are in an era when the cars nibbling on the heels of the big teams can't always be driven to their maximum.

Cheers,
Stu
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:18 pm

[quote="wattie"]
[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="wattie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Bit feisty Ben, don't believe I said Hamilton was rubbish. He's my favourite F1 driver but he's in a "rubbish" car as you would say IMO and that's too big a hurdle to overcome this year.

CHeers Wattie
[/quote]

Sorry I mis-read car's not good enough as he's not good enough.  Mea culpa. 

I think the car looks quite decent so far.