I already want one enough ...

WorkingOnIt

Re: Bac Mono road tested!

Post by WorkingOnIt » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:04 pm

£5000 steering wheel !!!

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:36 pm

"Single seat" is enough for me to move on - saw the test in TG mag and got emails from mates asking if I'm chopping the Atom in for one but 1 seat doesn't do it for me

As an illustration i did Vmax at the weekend - crap really for an Atom but the smiles on faces from the passengers was worth the drive to Brunters - same story with track days - OK im sure it's great but not for me

Anyone looking at one seriously or just interested in a new well engineered and different car

WorkingOnIt

Post by WorkingOnIt » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:12 pm

This driving impression was also posted yesterday.
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/bac-mono-driven-2011-09-07

The Stig's track review is available by subscription.

wattie

Post by wattie » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:09 pm

I reckon this has to be a pretty safe buy. It's clearly a quality product, with a limited run and as such should surely be collectable in future?....

Only downside is you can't share the experience.......shame.

Cheers Wattie

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:37 am

I must be a miserable, selfish sod cos the single seat nature of it actually appeals to me!

I think the the Mono is utterly exquisite. I'd have one in a heartbeat. Even though it's (roughly) half the cost of an Atom V8 - which is an interesting comparison in itself - it's still a ton of dough, given it's breadth of abilities. Sure it'll rinse a lot of exotica on the track but arguably so would an Atom at a third of the price. It's about as practical as an Atom, too.

But bloody hell it is simply gorgeous so stuff the rationale/ justification eh. Standard.

Cheers, Hedge

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:49 am

Sure for chat on a forum hedge - I was asking if anyone was seriously interested in buying one - it's like anything - totally different assessing something from afar and assessing with a serious interest in making a purchase - is anyone on here thinking of chopping in an Atom or getting one as an extra car

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:16 am

[quote="FlyingTrotter"]Sure for chat on a forum hedge - I was asking if anyone was seriously interested in buying one - it's like anything - totally different assessing something from afar and assessing with a serious interest in making a purchase - is anyone on here thinking of chopping in an Atom or getting one as an extra car[/quote]I haven't 80 big ones floating around just now. Come April next year I'll update this thread then if I do  ;D
Cheers, Hedge

wattie

Post by wattie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:48 am

[quote="Hedge"]
I must be a miserable, selfish sod cos the single seat nature of it actually appeals to me!
[/quote]
Know where you're coming from on this.

With any car you get used to it....and after a while they become....dare i say it boring....think that's why we"ve all owned several dozen cars.....never satisfied. One of the things I love about the Atom is to see a reaction on a passengers face....kinda reminds you how special it is.

Cheers Wattie

ross

Post by ross » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:38 am

If I was more sure that BAC will be as successful as Ariel, ie. That they'll still be here in 10+ years I think I'd have one.  Floats my boat completely although I doubt it will be as easy to live with as an Atom.

Dave W

Post by Dave W » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:00 am

[quote="Ross"]
If I was more sure that BAC will be as successful as Ariel, ie. That they'll still be here in 10+ years I think I'd have one.
[/quote]

+1  :tu:

Also saw the Topgear article.  If I had more confidence in residuals I would have one like a shot, but too early to judge at the mo.

Like Hedge, I also must be a selfish bugger, as 1 seat works for me.  Even on my motorbikes I uses to put a single seater conversion on  ;D

ross

Post by ross » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:04 am

Me too.  1 seat only concerns me as far as it might effect residuals.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:35 am

I think I'd need to be reassured they won't do a Caparo either...
Cheers,
Hedge

wattie

Post by wattie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:42 am

Even more bad news I'm afraid

They've added a configurator.........that's the weekend taken care of then  :drool:

http://bac-mono.com/config.php

Cheers Wattie