Lotus Exos T125

dp35

Lotus Exos T125

Post by dp35 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Brilliant in so many ways.  Shinoo - when you get yours, can I drive it?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/09/lotu ... si-f1-car/

http://jalopnik.com/5608167/lotus-exos- ... rs-arrived

hondahamster

Re: Lotus Exos T125

Post by hondahamster » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:32 pm

I  like the shape a lot! :tu: I like how lotus is allowing its (rich) customers to buy bascially an f1 car.  :drool:  It is like what ferrari does but at a fraction( millions of dollars!!).
I think all f1 teams should start using all that research and technology into building open wheel cars that the public can purchase ::)
I wonder if lotus f1 had a hand in it? I remember reading somewhere that they didnt?  :H:
To me it has some pros and cons 
Pro:
1.)it looks modern and futuristic with the new smaller wheels and f1 styled nose  8) 
2.) 650hp! with a push to pass(like you will ever need it)..  :o
Cons:
1.)stupidly expensive(well it doesnt matter to the buyers) and I cannot imagine the cost of an entire engine rebuild.  :doh:
2.) the steering wheel is off a 70k formula renault 2.0  ???
-Hamster  :pop:

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:00 pm

Last I heard, you could get a fairly recent Ferrari F1 car for $1 million.  Speed had a program about the factory and the customer car programs a while back.  They even showed the original memo by Enzo Ferrari suggesting the idea to sell their obsolete race cars to fund development of the new cars.

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:06 am

That is very attractive... well, for looks and concept, but not so much for co$t!

So is this about as high as you can go in open-wheel before you hit Formula One?  Just trying to figure out the price gap.

Say you didn't have q u i t e enough to make that $1mil payment, but you still wanted to play big-boy open-wheel.  Where would you go?  A Star Mazda, FA, or Indy Lights car wouldn't cost anywhere near $1mil.  Granted, the powerplant and tech in the Lotus would be beyond these other options, but wow, it's going to take a unique set of circumstances for a person to drop into an Exos.

Wonder if Lotus will vet potential owners or just take any slack-jaw mouth-breather that rolls up to the drive-thru with a suitcase full of cash?