New addition - Exige S240

Lane

New addition - Exige S240

Post by Lane » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:55 am

I've been looking for an enjoyable daily driver (non-winter, of course) for a while that is at home in the space next to the Atom in the garage.  I recently found a car for a deal that was too good to pass up and traveled to Dallas TX to pick it up.  Enjoyed the 1100 mile trip home as an opportunity to really get to know the car and was also pleasantly surprised when I was able to hit 30 mpg with it.

It's a 2008 Exige S240 in Canyon Red with the touring package, stage 2 exhaust, 4k miles, in showroom condition.  I know a number of people on the forum had/have a Lotus but I do have to say, this car is quite nice.  The lines and curves of the body are stunning when viewed in person, and the engine & exhaust make all the right noises.  Except for the supercharger - it's too quiet.  I'll have to see what can be done about that.  Feel and build quality are also outstanding.  And as an added bonus, the Lotustalk forums have a feel very much like we have here with a lot of great info and virtually no drama.

As the former owner smiled when I said it was headed way north to Wisconsin, I had to send him a photo of the local flavor upon arrival.

:tu:
Last edited by Lane on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image 300hp Ecotec Atom that is driven.  Visit my website.

positron

Re: New addition - Exige S240

Post by positron » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:15 am

Really like that color  :tu:

ok.. now I'm starting to see were ghost skulls will be landing.. nice..

Gage

Post by Gage » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:35 am

It looks fantastic!

I'll bet the former owner is going to go get an Atom now.   ;D

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:11 am

Congrats Lane! Stunning color.

I also have a 06 Exige (NA), and love the looks, and noise from the Stage 2 exhaust. (Find a tunnel, rev it to 8500rpm with the windows down, and you wont be able to wipe the grin off your face.  ;D)

fiesty

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:34 am

That looks stunning in that colour.  If only they made them to fit the larger gentleman I would have an Elise.

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:47 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
That looks stunning in that colour.  If only they made them to fit the larger gentleman I would have an Elise.
[/quote]

QFT  The color is outstanding!

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:23 pm

Very nice car.I had an opportunity to drive a set up Elise on track with R compound slicks on a 4.1 mile road course at speed,and was very impressed.I could only imagine having another 75hp! The only gripe I had was my right knee was in the way of the shifter.