Considering a new used car.....07 Lexus GS 350 thoughts?

silver

Considering a new used car.....07 Lexus GS 350 thoughts?

Post by silver » Sun May 30, 2010 11:53 pm

So I have an 05 Acura TL which is the first car I've kept for longer than 2 years because I just love it.  BUT, it's paid off, it's probably worth 11k trade and I've always liked the GS lexus............and Lexus White is the best white on the market, IMO.....So, I'm thinking I like this car.

I have found several for $25k with around 30k miles, The reasons I like the car is it's similarly appointed like my Acura meaning Japanese technology / interior design which is attractive to me.  As a contrast I love cars like BMW 335i but then I get inside and I'm not impressed, they look so basic.

I'm not looking for a new car payment right now so if I purchased a $25k car with my trade the car payment would be between $2XX and $4XX depending on how many years I want to finance.

Anyone like dislike this particular car based on experience.........also any other suggestions that I could look at that are 4 door, lux sedan style, just looking for insight.

I honestly plan on IF I make the switch to the Lexus that I will have this car 2 or 3 years MAX as I have plans to sell my house and purchase a new house within the next 2 years so getting into a HUGE car payment in the next 2 years is not in the plan.

I can definitly just keep the acura as it's only got 75,000 miles and I work from home so the mileage isn't climbing fast anymore, but it would be a nice change to get into a Lexus for the next few years that doesn't cost an arm and a leg but it has to be more luxurious than my current Acura or no dice.

positron

Re: Considering a new used car.....07 Lexus GS 350 thoughts?

Post by positron » Mon May 31, 2010 1:48 am

I can't drive a car that it's badge is a safety belt.. Image

silver

Post by silver » Mon May 31, 2010 1:53 am

[quote="Positron"]
I can't drive a car that it's badge is a safety belt.. Image
[/quote]

you own a chevy cts don't you ...oh they call that a caddilac muh bad.

I'll rebadge it with a toyota logo if it makes you feel better.

ok on a serious note...I don't want or need anything super fast, I just want something really similar to my TL but a lil newer, lower miles and nicer..............and FWIW an 08 TL type S costs more than an 07 GS 350....so I already considered just moving to a newer TL...but nah

positron

Post by positron » Mon May 31, 2010 2:00 am

I have 40 track days on that 500 hp Chevylac, thank you very much..

silver

Post by silver » Mon May 31, 2010 2:02 am

I plan on 0 track days >:D

wisp

Post by wisp » Mon May 31, 2010 12:34 pm

[quote="silver"]
I honestly plan on IF I make the switch to the Lexus.....
[/quote]

Shouldn't that say:    I honestly plan on an ISF when I make the switch to the Lexus.....

"5.0 litre quad cam 32 valve V8 engine with dual VVT-i (VVT-iE for inlet) develops 311kW of power @ 6600rpm and 505Nm of torque @ 5200rpm."

Come on you know you'll need that 417HP to cope between drives in the Atom.  :laugh:

silver

Post by silver » Mon May 31, 2010 4:03 pm

ya know under normal circumstances I'd probably want the IS-F but right now I'm not looking for something that "boy racer" ish

looking more for luxury sedan.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Mon May 31, 2010 7:14 pm

I had an LS460 for 3 years. My wifes mom has a new is250. I have diven dozens of dealer courtesy vehicles most often the GS350 as it seems to be a staple loaner car. Frankly, I think the GS is a dog. I hate front wheel drive so thats the main reason but it's just an overly tarted up Camry. The is250 (or better still the is350) is a far better car to drive. Should I be in the market to buy another Lexus, I would be going for the is350 or 250. Not overly big but big enough and drives great with as much comfort and trinkets as the LS460.

I'd keep the Acura and go on vacation if your getting bored :angel:

Gage

Post by Gage » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:38 am

[quote="CalScot"]

[/quote]

I second that. 

silver

Post by silver » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:34 pm

[quote="CalScot"]
I had an LS460 for 3 years. My wifes mom has a new is250. I have diven dozens of dealer courtesy vehicles most often the GS350 as it seems to be a staple loaner car. Frankly, I think the GS is a dog. I hate front wheel drive so thats the main reason but it's just an overly tarted up Camry. The is250 (or better still the is350) is a far better car to drive. Should I be in the market to buy another Lexus, I would be going for the is350 or 250. Not overly big but big enough and drives great with as much comfort and trinkets as the LS460.

[/quote]

I'm 99.99% sure you're describing the ES, which is a ladies car, FWD, no personality, and it's a Camry

the GS is the RWD or AWD car

that being said does your statement still stand?

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:22 pm

[quote="silver"]
[quote="CalScot"]

[/quote]

I'm 99.99% sure you're describing the ES, which is a ladies car, FWD, no personality, and it's a Camry

the GS is the RWD or AWD car

that being said does your statement still stand?
[/quote]
GS..ES  what's the difference when you've had a few bottles of vino :laugh:
You are 100% right. Just shows you what I know even owning a couple Lexus's. Iv'e never driven a GS but been in a GS a few years back. It was fast, I remember that. So all that pish I wrote was for nowt. Carry on :angel:

silver

Post by silver » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:26 pm

hahahah

thanks, just wanted to be sure I wasn't going gay with the car choice.

the IS is just a little too boy racer ish and small, I'm used to the Acura TL and it would be like getting into a Acura TSX for sizing.

silver

Post by silver » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:12 am

I did a lot more research and basically every GS that's got under 50k mileage and is under 27k has been wrecked or worse has a salvage title, but I did find a good one at carmax (kansas)

and they offered me 12k for my trade which is more than I was expecting, it has 35k miles, and was $27,990 so I did the deal.

now I have to wait 1 to 2 weeks for it to be transferred here before I get to drive it home.

at least it's not 6 months of waiting for the atom