2010 Turkish GP (spoilers)

fiestycolumbian

2010 Turkish GP (spoilers)

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sun May 30, 2010 1:47 pm

What a fantastic scrap with top 4 cars nose to tail!!

Absolutely loving the Bulls taking each other out. Gonna be an interesting intrateam battle after this!!

Almost ate my own words when Lewis and Button almost did the same thing!!! Button definitely could have forced it. Lewis was a bit rash, but both drove a great race!

Congrats to McLaren, fantastic 1-2.  ;D ;D. Now off to have a Johnnie Walker( at 7am PST mind you, lols)

fiesty

AtomMadStew

Re: 2010 Turkish GP (spoilers)

Post by AtomMadStew » Sun May 30, 2010 10:15 pm

great race indeed.        red bull = gives you wings....two red bulls = minus a front wing! 
great scrap by quite a few teams! ....unfortunate redbull racing incident imo   
id think Vettel was getting pipped by webber and wanted to get the upper hand by winning this time after webbers winning streak.
long may it continue.  :tu:

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Sun May 30, 2010 10:52 pm

This whole year has been a spectator improvement!  I am enjoying watching F1 again.

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Mon May 31, 2010 5:43 am

[quote="fiestycolumbian"]
Now off to have a Johnnie Walker( at 7am PST mind you, lols)
[/quote]

Dude... Bushmills Black Bush.  That's all I'm sayin'.

There will be some samples on hand for WCA, of course...

p.s. not a mention of that crazy airborne crash in the Indy 500? (ok wrong thread, but...)

jon b

Post by jon b » Mon May 31, 2010 8:03 am

Brilliant racing, you really couldn't ask any more from a race. What an incredible circuit

The most bizzare press conference - everyone didn't look happy fascinating stuff. Understand webber but why did Lewis looked so pissed off - was it because they were told to conserve fuel only for button to overtake him?

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon May 31, 2010 8:07 am

I'm interested in what the FIA have to say about this... And we've heard nothing.

If it were two different teams with this sort of incident, there would be fines, places deducted for the next race etc.

But nothing...

Just because they're the same team shouldn't make any difference.

I'd blame Vettel, fine him and place him at the back of the grid for the next race.

In the ante-room prior to the press conference I was very impressed with Button's handling of Lewis. He was obviously trying to cheer him up.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

wasp

Post by wasp » Mon May 31, 2010 8:30 am

[quote="Big Ape"]
Brilliant racing, you really couldn't ask any more from a race. What an incredible circuit

The most bizzare press conference - everyone didn't look happy fascinating stuff. Understand webber but why did Lewis looked so pissed off - was it because they were told to conserve fuel only for button to overtake him?
[/quote]

Amazing race. So we got a dry race with overtaking and on a Tilke circuit. Bit of a turn up for the books. It looks like RB are backing Vettel which seems misplaced imo. I know he is the future but Webber is hardly the past. Lewis looked seriously pissed at Jenson and he must have just believed that he would hold station behind him. JB is more in the Alonso mould and would take any opportunity these days.
The press conference was hysterical. Three more miserable looking blokes you'll rarely see.
Oh to be a fly on the wall of the RB & McLaren debriefings ::)

Cheers,

Stu
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:36 am

[quote="wasp"]
[quote="Big Ape"]

[/quote]

Amazing race. So we got a dry race with overtaking and on a Tilke circuit. Bit of a turn up for the books. It looks like RB are backing Vettel which seems misplaced imo. I know he is the future but Webber is hardly the past. Lewis looked seriously pissed at Jenson and he must have just believed that he would hold station behind him. JB is more in the Alonso mould and would take any opportunity these days.
The press conference was hysterical. Three more miserable looking blokes you'll rarely see.
Oh to be a fly on the wall of the RB & McLaren debriefings ::)

Cheers,

Stu
[/quote]

My take on this was Lewis was unhappy to have inherited a win and also that he was told to save fuel before being overtaken.  The other point is I suspect Jenson had kept his tyres in better condition and had more fuel to play with but the team had to step in at that point.....

Ben

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:36 am

[quote="benyeats"]
My take on this was Lewis was unhappy to have inherited a win and also that he was told to save fuel before being overtaken.  The other point is I suspect Jenson had kept his tyres in better condition and had more fuel to play with but the team had to step in at that point.....
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly!

PaulP

Post by PaulP » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:41 am

Did they really have to save fuel, or was it Maclaren speak for, stop racing each other?

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:18 am

FIA doesn't allow them to be told to stop racing each other...

How dare you cast such aspersions!

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:11 pm

[quote="PaulP"]
Did they really have to save fuel, or was it Maclaren speak for, stop racing each other?
[/quote]

I am not sure what a manufacturer of pushchairs would have been doing making vital strategy calls during the race.......but anyway I think that the two front drivers, Webber and Hamilton had taken quite a lot out of each other in the early stages so had to save fuel, Vettel and Button not so much. 

Ben

PaulP

Post by PaulP » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:16 pm

I think my gran had aspersions in her sitting room in a pot by the window.  Fair cop on the McLaren front,  :doh: although some of the drivers can be like kids.

You probably all know this, but just in case. The guy who designed the undercarriage for the Spitfire, not the Triumph one, was so annoyed with the design and weight of his daughters push chair he designed the first light weight folding Maclaren push chair. Not many people know that.

dp35

Post by dp35 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:13 pm

[quote="Norm"]
This whole year has been a spectator improvement!  I am enjoying watching F1 again. [/quote]

Although I'm enjoying F1 as always, I'm not sure I'd agree that this year's an improvement.  I miss the differing fuel strategies and multiple stops.  I don't like the conservative strategy & the fact that every team now runs it the same way.  More than anything, I think the weather (rain) at so many races has made things interesting several times this year. 

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
I'm interested in what the FIA have to say about this... And we've heard nothing.

If it were two different teams with this sort of incident, there would be fines, places deducted for the next race etc.

But nothing...

Just because they're the same team shouldn't make any difference.

I'd blame Vettel, fine him and place him at the back of the grid for the next race. [/quote]

Perhaps its because this is the sort of incident where 100% blame cannot be placed on either driver.  I hope the FIA stays out of it.  IMO they've been too heavy-handed on this stuff in the past.

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
In the ante-room prior to the press conference I was very impressed with Button's handling of Lewis. He was obviously trying to cheer him up.[/quote]

Is there any video of this on the net? 

Lewis deserves a lot of credit for qualifying P2, putting pressure on the Red Bulls in the race, and then holding on to win.  However, IMO Button has done a much better job thus far this year, in terms of managing the car and the team.  LH has acted like a spoiled baby numerous times while JB has acted like a pro (example: Monaco).