2010 Australian GP (spoilers)

fiestycolumbian

2010 Australian GP (spoilers)

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:41 am

What a fantastic race!!! Brilliant, havent seen that much passing in a long time!!

Great job by Button & McLaren  ;D, clearly have great race pace. Button smooth style served him well today.

Nice to see Kubica on podium. Great fight by Lewis throughout the race.

Again, the Bulls with reliability gremlins. Red Bull = colassal failure

fiesty

sebby

Re: 2010 Australian GP (spoilers)

Post by sebby » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:54 am

I feel for Lewis' frustration.

jon b

Post by jon b » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:58 am

Well I can't believe it. I haven't watched the race yet and really wasn't too fussed after seeing a third of a second gap between 1st and 4th in quali but omg. There was actually a race on!!!  Fantastic........going to have to watch the later version now :tu:

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:53 am

See... a bit of rain and we get some racing!

Reason Button won wasn't his excellent call on tyres, it was Vettel's brakes. However, still a great result. I like Button

Hamilton is turning into somewhat of a brat.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Well done Liuzi, a steady drive holding off Baricrasho for 7th!

Great drive Kubica too.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:31 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
See... a bit of rain and we get some racing!

Reason Button won wasn't his excellent call on tyres, it was Vettel's brakes. However, still a great result. I like Button

Hamilton is turning into somewhat of a brat.
[/quote]

What about the following factors:

- If Button had not gone off on the new tyres he would have been ahead of Vettel anyway (as valid a scenario as Vettel's brakes not exploding)
- Vettel may have had to stop again, Webber certainly did an extra stop, or two after his last lap sillyness

Great drive by Hamilton today shame it did not pay off in a bigger way.  Agree he is not coming across terribly well lately.

Ben

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Maybe its cause daddy hamilton isn't holding his hand anymore.

PaulP

Post by PaulP » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:02 pm

I heard his dad hasn't been at any of the racers this year, why is this?  His attitude seems to be suffering, even if his racing isn't.

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:00 pm

apparently hes not managing Lewis anymore.  agree totally about the brat/not coming across very well statements  :tu: 
good call on tyres JB keep it up  ;D  Lewis certainly not happy at the interview after race! 

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Fantastic race.  Goes to show that it only takes a small amount of rain to make a boring F1 race great. 

I'm amazed at how all the experts had been saying that Button's driving style would be an advantage when tires needed to last, and then it only took 2 races for that to be the deciding factor, taking him to the win.  Button deserves a lot of credit for managing his race so well.  With Hamilton's poor radio comments, I'd say that JB has the advantage for now. 

I read comments recently from an unnamed F1 team manager, who said if the dry tires were so hard that they only had as much grip as the rain tires, all of the races would be great, and the reliance on aero would be reduced.  Interesting thought.  The immediate problem I see with that idea is that F1 would then be doing slower lap times than GP2 and whatever else.

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:55 pm

[quote="dp35"]
Fantastic race.  Goes to show that it only takes a small amount of rain to make a boring F1 race great. 

I'm amazed at how all the experts had been saying that Button's driving style would be an advantage when tires needed to last, and then it only took 2 races for that to be the deciding factor, taking him to the win.  Button deserves a lot of credit for managing his race so well.  With Hamilton's poor radio comments, I'd say that JB has the advantage for now. 

I read comments recently from an unnamed F1 team manager, who said if the dry tires were so hard that they only had as much grip as the rain tires, all of the races would be great, and the reliance on aero would be reduced.  Interesting thought.  The immediate problem I see with that idea is that F1 would then be doing slower lap times than GP2 and whatever else.
[/quote]

Well if Bridgestone get any stick, they are quitting/ending contract? with F1 at the end of this season i think.

So Pirelli have been talking of making a return since 91.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:14 pm

[quote="Stew Bartley"]
apparently hes not managing Lewis anymore. 
[/quote]

The idea was to reboot the father/son relationship... Whoever is now managing him will be chewing through their tongue...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

dp35

Post by dp35 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 am

JB made his soft option tires last approx 50 laps today.  That seems longer than the option tire should last.  IMO they should be softer/faster/shorter lived.

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:22 am

[quote="dp35"]
JB made his soft option tires last approx 50 laps today.  That seems longer than the option tire should last.  IMO they should be softer/faster/shorter lived.
[/quote]
I agree, soft tires should wear significantly faster than primes. The speed difference between the two should allow cars to overtake. Have one tire be 1-2 secs faster than the other.

I do agree with Button. What created this great race was not only rain in the beginning, but the variation in tire strategy. One stop vs. two created close racing. Fast new tires vs old slow tires, will always make racing interesting.

I loved the fact that Button decided his own fate with the switch from inters to softs. Drivers should be able to dictate their race as they see fit. If all the drivers made such decisions, F1 would be even more unpredictable and more fun to watch.

fiesty

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:17 am

What is wrong with you guys ??

Hamilton becoming a brat and coming across badly ??? All he has done is get done by the cops for a burn out - and who hasnt done that sort of thing in their 20's ? After Qualifying he was open that he went as fast as he could - he just wasnt fast enough - pretty honest. He had a great drive yday and was unlucky Webber hit him - tyre call was marginal I think as nearly worked - and team had no idea if tyres would last - was a bit too vocal abt strategy being wrong but he was right and should be allowed to get pissed off

F1 needs characters - Lewis is only just a character and misbehaviour should be encouraged.
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....