This vehicle looks very interesting.....

Alec

Re: This vehicle looks very interesting.....

Post by Alec » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:57 pm

[quote="Driver"]
Just have to convince Alec to pick up a used atom and head to AtomsWest with CalScots trip and the 4 mile long Reno Fernley track...
[/quote]

I considered buying Randy's red one but it's probably a bit high spec for my needs and I think I'd be happier with a Honda engine anyway as it's reliability was one of the reasons that I bought an Atom in the first place.

Point me in the direction of a cheapish, basic Honda one and we'll see.  ;)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Driver

Post by Driver » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:14 pm

Here you go Alec:
http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,6824.0.html

Actually a UK built Atom with a 245hp K20 brought over here that used to be Rob Slomans (Dingo).

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:11 am

[quote="Driver"]
Here you go Alec:
http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,6824.0.html

Actually a UK built Atom with a 245hp K20 brought over here that used to be Rob Slomans (Dingo).
[/quote]

Looks like a winner, Alec!  :tu: :tu: :tu:  If you've got the capital to put up, it wouldn't be a bad investment.  You could use it while on holiday in the US for a couple of years, then sell it, and probably not lose much, if anything.  (Driver and I are enablers.)
Last edited by Wmcmanus on Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:29 am

I'd need to know all the details about owning and insuring a car over there before I could commit myself.

I've only been to America once, and that was for AtomFest, so it would be nice to see a bit more.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:37 am

[quote="Alec"]
I'd need to know all the details about owning and insuring a car over there before I could commit myself.

I've only been to America once, and that was for AtomFest, so it would be nice to see a bit more.
[/quote]

As far as owning and insuring an Atom in the US, that's really no sweat, especially since you'll be able to "forum shop" in terms of which state you choose to get the car registered in. 

I'm hitting the road for a tour of the country in early April in the motorhome that I'm in the process of buying.  Shame I won't have the 40' stacker trailer until July (it is being custom built).  There will be an extra bunk on the car lift for a 2nd Atom at that point and space behind them for my Dodge RAM.  I'd love to have another driver or two along such that not all highway miles will have to be driven (personally by me) in the mother ship.