Tubular upper and lower control arms with Heim joints
Integrated sub-frame connectors
4-link rear suspension
Adjustable coil-over shocks front and rear

Driveline:

515hp 7.0 liter LS7 fuel-injected engine with dry-sump oil system
    Engine Options:
    605hp 7.0 liter LS7 fuel-injected engine with upgraded head and cam package
    650hp 8.8 liter Pontiac V8 engine with road-race oil pan and Accusump system
        Optional aluminum block for 8.8 liter Pontiac V8
        Optional fuel injection for 8.8 liter Pontiac V8
5-speed manual transmission
Hydraulic clutch mechanism
Heavy-duty competition clutch
Heavy-duty 12 bolt rear axle with 3:42 or 3:73 gears
Heavy-duty aluminum radiator
Serpentine belt system with billet pulleys

Wheels-Tires-Brakes:

18" x 10" billet Snowflake front wheels
18â?�x12â?� billet Snowflake rear wheels
285-35-18 Michelin Pilot Sport front tires
335-35-18 Michelin Pilot Sport rear tires
Baer Racing 6-piston calipers, 14" 2-piece rotors front and rear with Hydro-Boost assist
Adjustable brake proportioning valve

Driver

Re: My new favourite car....

Post by Driver » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:38 pm

Thing is bolus, the big thing they could've done they stopped short of. For that kind of money I'd expect to see a IRS. That was always the downfall of the F-Bodys. Sure they polish up the rest with a superb powerplant, and some nice other features but then they throw that solid pipe back under the rear? Doesn't make sense to me. And I'm a fan of the early Camaros and the 70's Trans Ams. Went to my prom in a '76 even. The 80's model were very anemic as were ALL the american cars.

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:43 pm

No way would I be expecting to drive that car on the track.  I'd treat it like any other classic hot rod.  Polish it up, rev it up once in a while and drive it to car shows.  It's not like I'd enter it into nasa or something

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:50 pm

Why not? The track is why they originally named it that (Trans Am)? It's useless unless you have money to spare and for it to essentially be a trailer queen according to your view. Nope I'd want to pound on it, throw it around corners, etc.. Other than that leave it be.

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:12 pm

Nope,  I'd baby that kind of car.  I can wail on the Atom on track. 

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:53 pm

[quote="Driver"]
Thing is bolus, the big thing they could've done they stopped short of. For that kind of money I'd expect to see a IRS. That was always the downfall of the F-Bodys. Sure they polish up the rest with a superb powerplant, and some nice other features but then they throw that solid pipe back under the rear? Doesn't make sense to me. And I'm a fan of the early Camaros and the 70's Trans Ams. Went to my prom in a '76 even. The 80's model were very anemic as were ALL the american cars.
[/quote]

Pardon my ignorance but what is an IRS (apart from Inland Revenue Service)

Ben

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:05 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
Pardon my ignorance but what is an IRS (apart from Inland Revenue Service)

Ben[/quote]

Independent rear suspension. The F-Body (Camaros, Firebirds & Trans Am's) used a fixed rear differential and axle. Although never been much of a Corvette person I think the Vette started using a IRS sometime in the 60's.

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:07 pm

1963 on the Vette.

I don't care WHAT Year One does to the car,it seems everything I have seen them build is a nightmare once you actually use it.

Am I the only one that watched the TV show where Year one had a couple of their "Restored" car entered and most of the times the damn things blew up or just plain fell apart. I believe it was a late 60's Camaro,and a Mopar or two.It was laughable.

For $130k,you can buy a slightly used Modena.... or a warmed over Year One Turdmobile.....are you kidding me? NO FRIGGIN CONTEST!
Last edited by MadMaxedAtom on Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:21 pm

[quote="MadMaxedAtom"]
1963 on the Vette.

I don't care WHAT Year One does to the car,it seems everything I have seen them build is a nightmare once you actually use it.

Am I the only one that watched the TV show where Year one had a couple of their "Restored" car entered and most of the times the damn things blew up or just plain fell apart. I believe it was a late 60's Camaro,and a Mopar or two.It was laughable.

For $130k,you can buy a slightly used Modena.... or a warmed over Year One Turdmobile.....are you kidding me? NO FRIGGIN CONTEST!
[/quote]

Depends what you want the car for, I have an Atom for going fast thus leaving the Ferrari for posing in which the Bandit would do just as well.

Ben

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:38 pm

I dunno Ben,I got a chance to drive a Modena at Summit Point and was VERY impressed. :tu:

The Bandit? Just a part of history that should not be repeated.HA!

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:39 pm

max I swear, quit dissin the bandit or Im going to go Buford T Justice on your ass  ;D

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:58 pm

And I'll pull a Jan Michael Vincent and hover over the fraccas in Air Wolf. :) Better hope he hasn't been rebuilt faster, stronger, for about 6 mil.

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:20 pm

Sorry Bolus. 8)

Just can't stand it when something that was so bad in reality becomes a modern icon for vintage performance. ::) ::) ::)

Hell,even my Dads old 304 powered Gremlin could outrun them ;D(sorry Dad...)

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:26 pm

[quote="Driver"]
And I'll pull a Jan Michael Vincent and hover over the fraccas in Air Wolf. :) Better hope he hasn't been rebuilt faster, stronger, for about 6 mil.
[/quote]

Driver, you should know that Blue thunder would kick Airwolf's ass

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:59 am

Yeah... but Blue Thunder was heavy and lumbering (although it could do a loop) whereas Air Wolf was fast and nimble plus had the big guns when needed (and could also loop). Blue Thunder would be a easy catch, would just have to hit it a few extra times before it fell out of the sky... :) Kind of like that 80's T/A (as specced) on a road course.